Heavy decison to make

Old 03-28-2010, 04:51 AM

I hope you said yes for the sake of the boys request. I agree the kid is an innocent in the events of the past. They don't get to chose who we end up with they go along for the ride. And we all have pasts. You do, I do, everyone here does. We can chose to resent them or to forgive them. I have done dumb things in my life. (hoping not to do more). One thing I discovered however is letting go of things that bring you nothing positive (ie jealousy) is so freeing. You end up with time to be spent in sunshine and happiness. And ultimately you can't undo what was done nor can you dictate anothers path choices. Knowing that ..at some point you need to let it go to be happy. I think the man loves you very much and that you also love him. I am sure you will all do what you feel is the right thing regardless of what anyone else says. This QB is a great place to sound out your thoughts and get tons of free solicited advice! Vent away sugar, vent away.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:39 AM

I believe this may be a good thing. It is quite a compliment to you and your husband that he wants to visit. He might want to find out somethings about himself. Have a wonderful visit. Have cookies baked when he arrives!
Old 03-29-2010, 09:17 PM

QuiltingGrannie, you're the best. It sounds like you've already made a wise decision from your heart. Hopefully this young man will be a blessing in your lives. And your husband is going to treasure you even more than he does now because of your big heart.
Blessed be,
Anna
Old 03-29-2010, 09:28 PM

QuiltingGranny I like to look at life as a book. We never know when one chapter ends or what the next chapter holds. It does guarantee constant adjustments though. You seem like such a sweet, caring, lady & I feel that you will make the right decision. I know you love your man & he loves you, so together you should be able to work through whatever you must. I wish you the very best!