Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Hello again! It's been awhile, a couple of questions for you :) >
  • Hello again! It's been awhile, a couple of questions for you :)

• Hello again! It's been awhile, a couple of questions for you :)

Old 02-26-2012, 03:58 PM

Welcome back. Please post a photo of your quilt when it is done.
    Old 02-27-2012, 09:35 PM

Welcome back! I love my Accuquilt - don't know why I took so long to buy one. Just cut 2 layers until it is 'broken in.' It's a bit stiff at first. After a while you can add more layers. One of the first things I did was a top with lots of HSTs. I put the fabrics right-sides-together & picked them up and sewed them. No matching corners etc. And the dog ears are already cut off. It makes HSTS so easy that you'll never avoid them again.

We're all different as to what we love it for, but I've noticed that most of us like the 2-12 inch stripper. I use mine for both borders and for bindings. If you have 15 dies, you are well set up to cut just about anything. Have fun!
    Old 02-28-2012, 03:21 AM

Location: living in Hampton Roads area (Chesapeake, VA) originally from S Beloit, IL

Glad to hear such a recommendation. I wanted to know about the basic dies for basic quilts. I really like the tumble quilt. My DH will help if he can do some basic things....bring me food, drinks, and provide all the hugs and support. But, now I actually can get him more involved. I want to make a light weight quilt for summer and want to have him help in the process. He's very helpful picking colors and small patterns.
    Originally Posted by paulettepoe
    Jump right in with your GO. I love mine, it saves so much time. You can use their patterns. I have the basic dies. I am not a applique person, so I got the strips, square and tumbler dies and use them alot.. One piece of advice I might give is, it says 8-9 layers. I only do about 6. I think its less stress on the machine, and certainly is easier to crank.
    Old 02-28-2012, 10:49 AM

Love my Go! cutter - especially the strips. I have all the way from 1-1/2" to 6" strip cutter. Looooooove it. Regarding the eagle - I think it would look good centered on your queen size quilt. Maryanne Fonze (Fonze & Porter) did a quilt to give to a service person and it had a really large eagle in the center. It was beautiful. Be sure & post pictures. Oh, about the mats for the Go! when it gets really, really really hard to roll thru the cutter - it's time to change to a new one. Ask me how I know.
    Old 02-29-2012, 08:44 AM

I'm so sorry for your problems but I've learned in life that times such as those truly make us stronger and able to put problems in their respective pockets. What once bothered us now seem like small change compared to what others are going through or what we've just come though.

The Accuquilt company has a website with video's. Jump in and begin cutting. You're going to love the machine.