Help Me With My Kitty

Old 05-27-2009, 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Glad you got him in and have him back home.
I hope you get test results quickly and it's nothing too serious
Ditto from me Joyce! Give Emile a cuddle from me and Kitchen & Satchmo.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:49 AM
Banned

Glad you got to see the vet hun. prayers for your furbaby. I hope he feels better soon
Old 05-27-2009, 10:02 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Ninnie
Originally Posted by sewjoyce
Originally Posted by bearisgray
Is the cat on your avatar the cat with the problem?
Yep -- that's Emile :D (Normally, he's always into something so his nickname is, "Why you Little S**t", what have you done now??" So I had to clean that up for my grandkids and he became "Little Mr." :lol:
My dog has that same name sometimes! :D
glad you made it to the vet!
Ninnie
Ninnie...Mortimer, has any nickname with the word "little", in it,? LOL! :shock: :lol:
Old 05-27-2009, 10:05 AM
Power Poster

sewjoyce, happy for you and Emile and looking forward to more good news from vet. If it's more than a uti, at least it will be treatable, hope it's not more. darn those shots, but love what they do. :D
Old 05-27-2009, 11:21 AM

Finally got a phone call from the vet this afternoon.

Emile does have a urinary tract infection which we treated yesterday with the shot. He also shows signs of having "crystals". So next Monday I take him in to have his bladder x-rayed. (Won't that be fun??)

But Emile is feeling better today. Still sleeping a lot but got to him a play a little this morning. He's been one step behind me most of the day. :D

However, I'm NOT telling him about Monday until we're ready to walk out the door :roll: :roll:

Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and prayers. It means a lot to know that you all care. :-)

Old 05-27-2009, 11:42 AM
Power Poster

Glad to hear he can be treated....sorry to hear about the xray on Monday. I would not tell him until you have scooped him up in your arms and are walking out the door, either :wink: Praying they do not find anything in the xray and that the meds take care of it.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:10 PM
Power Poster

Glad to hear it was an uti. Hopefully the X ray on Monday goes well and it is something that can be treated with a change of food or meds.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:50 PM

I just caught up with this one again.
Glad it's a UTI, well, not really glad, but they found out what it was and it can be treated.
I'm with you...don't tell him about Monday. He won't like it! lol

Big Boy seems to be back to his old self again. I'm thinking he got a bad piece of kibble or maybe a bad gecko. Dunno.
His eye is looking a bit runny, but have some ointment for that, so will use that. I had called the vet and she said to use the ointment I have and if it doesn't clear up by Monday to bring him in. I sure hope it clears up!
Old 05-28-2009, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
I just caught up with this one again.
Glad it's a UTI, well, not really glad, but they found out what it was and it can be treated.
I'm with you...don't tell him about Monday. He won't like it! lol

Big Boy seems to be back to his old self again. I'm thinking he got a bad piece of kibble or maybe a bad gecko. Dunno.
His eye is looking a bit runny, but have some ointment for that, so will use that. I had called the vet and she said to use the ointment I have and if it doesn't clear up by Monday to bring him in. I sure hope it clears up!
Doesn't it just worry you to death when your fur babies are sick????

I'm so glad that Big Boy is feeling better today too!! Hope his eye clears up before Monday.

Emile was actually playing with his little toy mouse today (thank goodness no live -- yet -- ones this week!)

Old 05-28-2009, 04:03 PM

I'm glad Emile is starting to feel better. I have a Big Boy that is crying at me to go on the balcony. I'd let him out, but once he is out, he doesn't like coming back in. He's only have 20 min out there since I have to take Courtney to work and I won't leave him out there while I am gone. I am coming back to the house afterwards....landlord coming over at 11:30 to look at cesspool and wants to check something else. I don't want him in my house alone.

Oh yes....my babies are number one and everyone knows that. I stress about them more than anything else, I think.
When we get ready to move, the first thing I do is set up how they are moving with us. Gotta have my priorities, right?
They are my babies. I promise all my pets that I will take care of them for life. There are so many military people who get pets and then when they are ready to move, the either abandon them, take them to the local shelter or give them away. I can't stand when they do that. Pets are NOT disposable!
I'd really hate to sit down and add up what it has cost me for my pets since I started this Navy thing. I'd probably faint if I did. I know just for quarantine back in 1996 it was about $2000. Not to include the vet bills we had to incur before shipping them to Hawaii OR their flights. We didn't have the money upfront of all of it, so hubby took a months advance pay and we also had to make payments to the quarantine people because we still didn't have enough money.
The things we do for our pets, huh?