The HELP movie......

Old 08-30-2011, 07:16 AM

Me too. No sharing of popcorn either!
Originally Posted by Stitchnripper
Originally Posted by daisyboo9
I have read the book and loved it. Would love to see the movie but I don't want to go alone, can't find anyone interested in going with me!
Oh my - sorry to hear that! I love going to the first showing by myself. Usually about 3-4 ladies doing the same thing and it feels like a private showing! Try the first matinee and see if that's better that a big full theater.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:50 AM

I love to read...therefore, I read the book first...maybe even a second time...then maybe I see the movie...Naomi
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 08-30-2011, 04:26 PM

I also read Flowers in the Attic and loved the books - couldn't stand the movie as they changed it too much. Same for The Firm. Almost didn't go to the Harry Potter movies because I read the books with my kids and was afraid the movies wouldn't be close but enjoyed both the books and movies. Haven't read the Help book yet but hope you enjoy both.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:53 PM
Power Poster

i remember the Flowers in the Attic book and movie. the first one at least. seemed it had Dean Martin and Yvette Mimmeau (sp) maybe. still not as good as the book was.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:57 PM

Read Twilight and Flowers in the Attic series over two or three times - now completely addicted to Janet Evanovick's 'Stephanie Plum' books.....#17 comes out in November....Start with One for the Money, then Two for the Dough and so on - you won't be able to get your hands on the next one fast enough!!!
Old 08-30-2011, 06:13 PM

In my opinion, books are always way better than movies. But, I keep going to the movies!
Old 08-30-2011, 10:16 PM

I am reading the Help now & yes I am going to see the movie also. hmmmmm Maybe this weekend since I will be alone & can do whatever I want, if I want. lol

The Janet Evanovick's 'Stephanie Plum' books are so good! ALso read her alphabet books. A for such & such...B for such & such snd so on. They are great! I love her Grandma! Can just picture her in real life. lol
Old 08-30-2011, 10:17 PM

I am reading the Help now & yes I am going to see the movie also. hmmmmm Maybe this weekend since I will be alone & can do whatever I want, if I want. lol

The Janet Evanovick's 'Stephanie Plum' books are so good! ALso read her alphabet books. A for such & such...B for such & such and so on. They are great! I love her Grandma! Can just picture her in real life. lol
Old 08-31-2011, 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by Airwick156
Originally Posted by Patti Mahoney
Which was better, the book or the movie??

I read V. C. Andrews's Flowers in the Attic series back in the late 1970's and the book was soooo much more detailed and alot better than the movie. I don't usually read the books and watch the movies since then. I was really disappointed in the movie after reading the book first.

I think I'm going to look online and buy the book now. Lets see if it's better or not.

What do you all think???
What book are you going to buy? Flowers in the attic series? I read that series probably 5 times. True the movie Sucked really bad.

Right now I am reading The Twilight Saga again for probably the 5th or 6th time. And I've watched the movies umpteen times too.

My daughter just finished reading Flowers in the attic about a month ago too.
I agree the Flowers in the attic movie really did suck compared to the book. The Twilight Saga on the other hand has been really good. I loved the books and the movie. I have read and still reading a few other Vampire series and would love to see them in a movie.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:12 AM

Books have time to be more detailed. Movies have to be edited to fit a certain time frame, so a lot of the detail from the book gets left on the cutting room floor. Sort of like a quilt - use bits and pieces, adjust, add something, delete something, until you end up with a finished product. That said, I try very hard not to compare books and movies, because they are two similar but separate items, not identical.However, when I read a good book, I often think they should make a movie out of it. Just finished a series of books lent to me by my brother - didn't think I would like them, but after reading the first two, I started thinking ....Gerard Butler, Jennifer Anniston as the two main characters.