Hexagon - Honu Tattoo

Old 12-07-2010, 10:49 AM

I was born year of the dragon .. :-)
Originally Posted by stewyscrewy
I am biased I have 4 tats and I say go ahead, but that is just my oppinion, mine are all symbolic too. All dragons.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:49 AM

Have a picture?
Originally Posted by Hammockhanger
I have a lizard on my rt calf. I would love a Luna Moth on the back of my ne k but am to cheap.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:52 AM

A pendant or temporary is a great idea! Maybe a henna tatoo

I have tiny spider veins where this tatoo may go :-)

Originally Posted by bearisgray
How about trying/wearing a temporary tattoo of that symbol for a few days - and then go from there?

or

Make a pendant with that symbol and wear it that way?

I like the symbolism that you are describing - but tattoos are just "so permanent" - and I have enough "natural" marks on my hide that I don't want to add any more.

What you do, is, of course, up to you.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:53 AM

:-) too funny but so true

Originally Posted by ptquilts
I always think of the cartoon, where the tattoo artist is saying to the client, "You know, the guys who make the REAL money are the ones who take these things off..."
Old 12-07-2010, 10:54 AM

Thank you and to everyone for thier input. I really do have a lot to consider.

Originally Posted by raptureready
Make sure you go potty right before getting it if it's going to hurt. Personally I don't want a tatoo and don't believe in them but each to their own. I must admit that some are beautiful. Just remember that black ink has a tendency to expand or spread out over time, colored ink fades and has to be redone. It's a pretty permanent decision, just make sure it's really something that you're going to want for the rest of your life. And by all means talk to the artist first--interview several. Also, age, wrinkles, sagging hits us all eventually and each one of them will alter tatoos. A young friend of mine has one of those tats that I believe is called a "Tramp Stamp" ---the ones on the lower back---anyway it's a bunch of flowers with a banner with her kids names on each end of the banner. I told her that it looks nice now but when she's my age, the flowers have withered, sag has set in and the banners read Jooooorrrrrrdddaaaaan and Maaaaaccccccccyyyyy it just won't have the same effect. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 12-07-2010, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by raptureready
I told her that it looks nice now but when she's my age, the flowers have withered, sag has set in and the banners read Jooooorrrrrrdddaaaaan and Maaaaaccccccccyyyyy it just won't have the same effect. :lol: :lol: :lol:
So hilarious! My sister in law has a tattoo in the same area. I had never thought of it that way though. My other sister in law has one that fills her entire upper back shoulder blade to shoulder blade. Although they both are beautiful...they are way beyond me. I am a wuss and proud to admit it. I've always thought the small discreet ones were the most attractive, though you will never catch me with one. The whole "effects of gravity on the body" is what stopped me from getting my belly button pierced way back when it was flat and pretty as well!!
If it is something you truely want, go for it. I agree with everyone else though...research research research!
:)
Old 12-07-2010, 11:07 AM

I say if you want one go for it. I waited 32 yrs to get one because my ex was against them. I love mine, it's an ongoing work from my shoulder down the side of my back to my waist. Every single time I go out in a tank top (which I do even in winter, I'm nuts) 2 or 3 people tell me how much they like my tattoo. Mine is black & gray, starts with a lily and works through some neat scrolls to another flower. Eventually it'll run down my leg to my ankle. I have no desire for a novelty tattoo, I consider it art and I picked a good area not to sag :lol:
Old 12-07-2010, 11:26 AM

I vote for the pendant. I too have enough natural marks not to want to add any more.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:57 AM

I've got to say that I go along with clem55 and raptureready. I, personally don't like tattoos on anyone, but I guess an small(tiny) one would be okay. It's your body, so if you want one, go ahead, just remember that if you change your mind later on in life, they're not easy to get rid of.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:10 PM
Power Poster

My oldest DD got a tattoo and DH and I paid to have it removed later when she regretted her decision. Thank goodness she did ask for the new inks that are easy to remove, no scar at all. You may want to ask about that ink. Tattoos are a personal choice but I haven't seen a visible one that I haven't thought to myself yuk.