Hexagon - Honu Tattoo

Old 12-08-2010, 08:58 PM

Why not, the Honu have alot of meaning, and if you feel that close to them go for it....every time we go home I see plenty swimming around a certain little area, there is something special about them.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:37 PM

My daughter and I went and got matching tattoos on our right hand ring finger for Christmas 4 years ago. You should of heard me screaming. I was sure there was an ambulance standing by. It only took 30 seconds to make a few little zig zags and you would have thought I was giving birth. LOL
My daughter has several tats and I asked her once what she was going to do when someday she was old and gray and they were all sagging. She replied "I'll look like everybody else" because everyone in her generation is getting them, so yes, I guess they will all look alike by that time. And you know, she is right. She'll fit right in.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:01 AM

I have a short stem rose on my right breast. My DH says it will becomes a 'long stemmed rose' one day :). I also have a dolphin on my left ankle and will be getting another 2 in the New Year. Just small ones.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:48 AM

:-) oh yes, i did mean needles going into my body (minus pinpricks from sewing needles)
Originally Posted by dewie45
Originally Posted by yolanda
Thanks again for all the input - I have decided to put the tatoo idea away at this time. I may just get a drawing of my tatoo idea I can get into a quilt somehow and when I can; get a pendant made. I read Dewie's response and it reminded me I don't need anymore needles in my life or ink under my skin.
You don't need to give up all needles, just stick to the ones pulling thread. :thumbup:
Old 12-09-2010, 11:22 AM

You look younger than I am .. 59 .. just let me tell you there is a chance by my age or a little older, your ankles might have those unsightly (didn't want to say ugly) veins and broken veins. It might add a design element but I'm thinking, I wouldn't want a tatt to draw more attention to that area!

One of my dd in her mid 20s has several tatts, including a large phoenix on her side from under bra down to her hip. It was her choice but I told her 'you might want to think what it is gonna look like in 30 years .. it might not resemble a phoenix anymore' ..

IMHO

warm quilt hugs, sue in CA
Old 12-10-2010, 10:56 AM
Power Poster

go for it, you only live once,enjoy
Old 12-10-2010, 11:46 AM

I have 8,but the are all unseen,because they are mine,I'll show them if asked.My daughters have 2 each.Ipersonally love them and I would get a few more but they are expensive.I look at them as art,just a different canvas