Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Hey everyone...I'm baaaaaack...... >
  • Hey everyone...I'm baaaaaack......

• Hey everyone...I'm baaaaaack......

Old 06-24-2011, 07:55 PM

Hi everybody, yes I am finally back. For those of you who do not know, I had triple bypass surgery April 20th. Since then, I have been hospitalized 3 times for complications, that were not the result of the heart surgery. I developed pancreatitis, colitis, and illius and a minor array of other things that I am being treated for. My heart surgeon, who by the way I call Dr. HeartThrob, said my heart stopped as soon as they opened me up, and I was on the verge of a major heart attack that I would not have survived!!. Well, I am happy to say that I am here to talk about it!! Praise God!!!! He had the whole situation in hand!!! I just want to thank everyone who responded to my daughters plea for cards and prayers, what a wonderful surprise when I finally got home and found all the wonderful good wishes, and lovely gifts I received from so many of you!!! It surely brought tears to my eyes, and joy to my heart!!! I am still in recovery and will be for several more months, but am feeling better everyn day, and finally got to sew at my machine for the first time today!!! What a thrill that was.
    What a great bunch of people we have on this board who really care about each other!!! I love you all!!!
    Old 06-24-2011, 07:57 PM

Welcome back. I am glad to hear that all is moving forward as it should and that you are able to be back sewing. This will help tremendously. Keep healing!!
    Old 06-24-2011, 08:06 PM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Happy to see you are back and getting better.
    Old 06-24-2011, 08:06 PM

Welcome back and so glad you are on your way to full recovery. Sewing will definitely be your therapy. Again, welcome back.
    Old 06-24-2011, 08:21 PM

Welcome back Trisha. Glad your doing good and that you got to sew some today. :)
    Old 06-24-2011, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by trisha
    Hi everybody, yes I am finally back. For those of you who do not know, I had triple bypass surgery April 20th. Since then, I have been hospitalized 3 times for complications, that were not the result of the heart surgery. I developed pancreatitis, colitis, and illius and a minor array of other things that I am being treated for. My heart surgeon, who by the way I call Dr. HeartThrob, said my heart stopped as soon as they opened me up, and I was on the verge of a major heart attack that I would not have survived!!. Well, I am happy to say that I am here to talk about it!! Praise God!!!! He had the whole situation in hand!!! I just want to thank everyone who responded to my daughters plea for cards and prayers, what a wonderful surprise when I finally got home and found all the wonderful good wishes, and lovely gifts I received from so many of you!!! It surely brought tears to my eyes, and joy to my heart!!! I am still in recovery and will be for several more months, but am feeling better everyn day, and finally got to sew at my machine for the first time today!!! What a thrill that was.
    What a great bunch of people we have on this board who really care about each other!!! I love you all!!!
    My Gosh! Where the heck have I been? I didnt know. So glad you are doing better. Thoughts and prayers for sure coming your way. Remember...dont over do it. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Sue
    Old 06-24-2011, 09:08 PM

I am so glad that you are on the road to recovery!!!
    Old 06-24-2011, 09:25 PM

welcome back Trisha.
    Old 06-24-2011, 09:32 PM

So glad to see you are back and on the mend. Prayers for continued healing going up.
    Old 06-24-2011, 09:48 PM

Welcome back!!!! So glad to hear that you are on the mend!!! :thumbup: