High Efficiency Washers

Old 07-29-2013, 06:21 AM

I am now looking for a new washer & dryer. Wish Maytag was made in the USA like it used to be. Whirlpool bought them and I am told they are now made in China. My old ones are Whirlpool. I want a top loader, I have used my washer to wash potatoes and also carrots. Works great. I have been using a 'wonder ball' for washing clothes. Works great. If I have any stains I treat them with 'grandmas secret spot remover' which you can get at Hobby Lobby, and or Oxy Clean. I get these products from Mystic Wonders Inc. you can go to www.mysticwondersinic.com
to learn more I also have other products from them. happy with them. save money on soap.
This has been an informative topic. thank you.
Old 07-29-2013, 06:21 AM

I am now looking for a new washer & dryer. Wish Maytag was made in the USA like it used to be. Whirlpool bought them and I am told they are now made in China. My old ones are Whirlpool. I want a top loader, I have used my washer to wash potatoes and also carrots. Works great. I have been using a 'wonder ball' for washing clothes. Works great. If I have any stains I treat them with 'grandmas secret spot remover' which you can get at Hobby Lobby, and or Oxy Clean. I get these products from Mystic Wonders Inc. you can go to www.mysticwondersinic.com
to learn more I also have other products from them. happy with them. save money on soap.
This has been an informative topic. thank you.
Old 07-29-2013, 06:22 AM

whoops sorry it got posted twice
Old 07-29-2013, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by connecticut quilter
I'm on #2 he machine the first was a front loader hated it . It leaked made to much suds know madder how much soap i put in. It was a kenmore was the Elite he said it was the best. Had it almost 1 year. I have a whirlpooln top loader my dark clothes come out with some kind of scum on them and my towel smell. I clean it like it says. I use the little bud that smell so nice it does not help my towels. I told my husband i take my old machine back any day. Do not like these new washer machine.
If you have a film on your clothes it sounds like the water level isn't high enough to rinse your clothes; have you checked it to make sure its filling properly. You may have to get it serviced but all of the things you are saying sounds like not enough water.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:00 AM

I love my LG top loading machine. No center inside so the sheets don't get twisted up.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:30 AM

We had to replace our washer last year. I was going to get a top loading HE Whirlpool but my husband thought we should look at front loading machines. We ended up buying an Eletrolux and I love it. It has pre soak, sanitize and several other cycles that both of out love. I really like the bigger load size as having a king size bed it was always a chore to try to wash blankets and quilts. It also has a "cancel" button that will allow me to open the door and add something to wash.

We always wipe washer after finishing for the day and leave the door open for a couple of hours to let dry. The washer has a clean cycle which I try to use once a month but washer will remind me if I go to long-I use Affesh or just bleach in clean cycle.

The best thing about it is the my cats (Thelma & Louise) sit in front of the washer window and watch it like a TV, they don't seem to get tired of watching the suds and clothes go round and round.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:31 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

Love mine .. I can access the tub if I have forgotten a piece or two .. Its a maytag
Old 07-29-2013, 08:48 AM

We bought a Maytag HE and I love it uses less soap, my clothes come out so clean. If you forget to put something in all you have to do is press the pause button and the lid opens no problem. Wouldnt have a front loading seen somewhere that mold grows around you tub. Mine has a cycle that after 40 something loads it tells you it is time to clean your washer so I put the cleaner in and run the cycle and everything is like new. I also wipe down the inside and lid after I have finished washing my washer still looks like new.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:49 AM

I got a Samsung about 8 months ago and I love it, our clothes have never been cleaner. It does have it's downsides, it has to be wiped out of all moisture including the dispenser after each use, or mildew, I also have to keep the door open to avoid mildew. But I find I keep everything cleaner all around the washer and dryer because I HAVE to wipe everything down when I finish my washing. I do all my washing for the week one load after the other until I finish then wipe everything down. If you were one who did a load everyday it could be annoying. My washer opens in the front right to left, and have to put my dryer on the left side. So the door is in the way when I am trying to transfer wet clothes into the dryer from the washer. I definitely use a lot less soap and the clothes seem to be rinsed out much better. I use the Free and Clear laundry soap from Costco and it lasts a very long time. Also my water bill has lowered since I got my new washer. The only thing I regret is not buying the matching dryer.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:07 AM

Measure your space in your laundry room. My room is a tiny bathroom. If I put in a front loader I wouldn't be able to get to the toilet.