home invasion

Old 09-27-2011, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by kyrose
Good for her! I was lucky and not at home when someone broke into my house several years ago. All my doors have more than one lock and I keep a ball bat handy as well as a hatchet. There have been several home invasions in the news lately. Most have been in the larger cities, but they can happen anywhere even in the country. It is better to be prepared than hurt or worse.
My kids are always giving me a bad time because I keep my doors lock when I am in the house alone or even with someone else here. We may be small town but we have had home invasions here. I just tell them to feel free to use their keys, that is why they have them. I don't even open the door to people who look perfectly harmless if I don't know who they are and what they want. I have a window next to the front door step that I look out and if i'm not sure I open window and ask.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by valsma
Originally Posted by kyrose
Good for her! I was lucky and not at home when someone broke into my house several years ago. All my doors have more than one lock and I keep a ball bat handy as well as a hatchet. There have been several home invasions in the news lately. Most have been in the larger cities, but they can happen anywhere even in the country. It is better to be prepared than hurt or worse.
My kids are always giving me a bad time because I keep my doors lock when I am in the house alone or even with someone else here. We may be small town but we have had home invasions here. I just tell them to feel free to use their keys, that is why they have them. I don't even open the door to people who look perfectly harmless if I don't know who they are and what they want. I have a window next to the front door step that I look out and if i'm not sure I open window and ask.
You can never be to safe I keep the doors locked unless I'm sitting on the porch
Old 09-27-2011, 11:44 AM

are you kiddin me? i would never pick up my sewing machine to hurt someone with it, they are too expensive, and alsew expensive to repair!! i do have a small baseball bat close by my bed, thinking about getting some wasp spray, they say since they shoot out 6-8 feet, that gives you time to get away
and dont forget the air horn!! oh my someone would be near deaf if they surprised me!
katz
Old 09-27-2011, 01:09 PM

We all root for someone protecting themselves but isn't it sad we have to be concerned about protecting ourselves in our own homes now.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:55 PM

Yep, and I'd cover his dead ass with a quilt!
Old 09-27-2011, 02:16 PM

Nope...that's why I have a .38 and a 12 gauge!
Old 09-27-2011, 02:23 PM

I am not handy with a gun. I can't hold my ears and shoot at the same time. I do have pepper spray and may now add some baseball bats. I couldn't lift my sewing machine.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Kimkankwilt
Yep, and I'd cover his dead ass with a quilt!
Don't...you'll just get blood on your quilt...rofl :lol: :lol:
Old 09-27-2011, 02:36 PM

Whatever is handy in an emergency.
J J
Old 09-27-2011, 02:41 PM

I keep my cane, Monkey Butt, beside my bed. It has a huge knob for a handle, it would work well as a weapon.