• General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Honesty isn't in the manual >
  • Honesty isn't in the manual

• Honesty isn't in the manual

Old 06-06-2010, 05:01 AM

Well Done!
    Old 06-06-2010, 05:05 AM
    Power Poster

Well, I'm proud of you! Maybe it would have been easer to keep it, but you were honest, and you can hold your head up that you did the right thing!
    Old 06-06-2010, 05:27 AM

Just remember that Karma can be a good thing - it will pay off later. Sorry for the runaround, but thank you doing the right thing.
    Old 06-06-2010, 05:30 AM
    Banned

If no one claims it????? Who could claim it????
    Attached Images  
    Old 06-06-2010, 05:38 AM
    Power Poster

Yup- I believe in Karma too :D You are the person I would love to have find something I lost.
    HUGS
    Old 06-06-2010, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by marsye
    They said maybe a person who used that particular self check out before me had not taken their $20 that they asked for.
    Actually I just got a phone call about an hour after I posted this story, saying someone had come in today and said they didn't get their $20. So they gave them the $20 I'd given back.
    Now I don't want to be suspicious but he could have overheard the goings-on while I was at the Service Desk (there were several people there....customers and employees) and just decided to come back and say it was him. How can they prove it? Did he bring his reciept? How does that prove it didn't get his $20 yesterday and just came back for this $20?
    Anyway, my bank won't update my Sat. activity till Mon. morning so I'll check. If it's down $60 from the grocery they told me to bring a copy of my statement and they'll give me $20. So I'm not worried. I did the right thing and that's all that matters to me. If someone falsely said the $20 was theirs they'll have to answer for it someday. Not me.
    Old 06-06-2010, 05:54 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by fabric-holic
    They said maybe a person who used that particular self check out before me had not taken their $20 that they asked for.
    Actually I just got a phone call about an hour after I posted this story, saying someone had come in today and said they didn't get their $20. So they gave them the $20 I'd given back.
    Now I don't want to be suspicious but he could have overheard the goings-on while I was at the Service Desk (there were several people there....customers and employees) and just decided to come back and say it was him. How can they prove it? Did he bring his reciept? How does that prove it didn't get his $20 yesterday and just came back for this $20?
    Anyway, my bank won't update my Sat. activity till Mon. morning so I'll check. If it's down $60 from the grocery they told me to bring a copy of my statement and they'll give me $20. So I'm not worried. I did the right thing and that's all that matters to me. If someone falsely said the $20 was theirs they'll have to answer for it someday. Not me.
    I bet it was somebody from the quilt board!!!!! :lol: :lol:
    Old 06-06-2010, 07:09 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by fabric-holic
    I bet it was somebody from the quilt board!!!!! :lol: :lol:
    You are so funny. But really, people who do the right thing are in the minority now. Or maybe they are not the ones we hear about. Sad isn't it.
    Old 06-06-2010, 08:53 AM
    Google Goddess

well done, sorry it took them time to figure this out and wasted your time
    Old 06-06-2010, 09:23 AM

Absolutely correct that doing the right thing is in the minority. A few of us at work have been having this discussion in the last few weeks. When did this change start? So sad that it takes extra effort when your trying to do the right thing.