House is a Mess!

Old 12-29-2009, 01:12 PM

My grandma always said that if the beds were made and the sinks were empty, people wouldn't notice much else. I've found this to be basically true. We're more critical of our homes than almost anyone else. Relax a little and enjoy the company!
Old 12-29-2009, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by mrs theo
My grandma always said that if the beds were made and the sinks were empty, people wouldn't notice much else. I've found this to be basically true. We're more critical of our homes than almost anyone else. Relax a little and enjoy the company!
well then, i'm sunk....
Old 12-31-2009, 03:51 AM

I guess that I was one of the lucky ones this year........no company, no mess, no cooking, no cleanup....
was on the rod traveling.....
from the eve morning until dinner time on Christmas.

I think it would be more holidayish !!!! to have the mess and all that goes along with it.

but I am not too unhappy about not having to work to get the house back in order.....I can get right down to some serious sewing.........

MaryJane
Old 12-31-2009, 03:19 PM

Yesterday, oldest son and oldest granddaughter left for Orlando so I cleaned up from their visit. It was nice to see them, but that girl sure isn't in to helping. She's a nice girl, just lazy. So, today I went to have a potluck lunch with my card-playing friends and played cards all afternoon (after stuffing myself with even more food).

I think I've done all the cleaning I need to for at least another week or so. My dh and critters don't give a whit what the house looks like. Thanks for all the great advice.
Old 01-01-2010, 04:50 AM

My house is a mess too, I take an extra 10 mins a day to clean some of it up.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:42 AM

In the spirit of conservation, around here we write messages in the dust on the table next to the phone.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana
In the spirit of conservation, around here we write messages in the dust on the table next to the phone.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Sounds like my house :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 01-01-2010, 08:53 AM

Oh drats! I forgot I have to take down all this holiday stuff. See, I just knew I wasn't throught yet. I've gotten so lazy in the last few years even my two table size artificial Christmas trees already have the decorations glued on them. If it's not glued, I leave the things on there anyway and stuff the whole thing in big green bag to put in the attic for next year. Both these trees are those fiber optic ones and when it's dark out they are really pretty all lit up, and no one can see how really barren they are. Okay, off to take on this chore.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:45 AM

I wish that I could afford a housekeeper to come in and clean for me on a regular basis for I hate cleaning. I would much rather be quilting or being here with all of you.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by mrs theo
Thanks for the note! I have been in the midst of selling a building, hosting people for Christmas, and now have more people coming for the weekend. I'm going for clean sink and made beds! :thumbup: