Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • How did you meet your significate other? >
  • How did you meet your significate other?

• How did you meet your significate other?

Old 08-21-2011, 12:03 PM

I met my husband at a church young adult dance. He had been going to them for 5 years. I had only gone to 3 dances. Met in Jan. engaged in May and married in July. We are in our 35 year of being married. We are both now retired and enjoying each other more and more each day.
    Old 08-21-2011, 12:13 PM

For our HS Home Economics holiday project for Thanksgiving and Christmas in our senior year we had to bake cookies and send them to the USO in Vietnam for our troops to enjoy. We each placed 2 cookies flat sides together and wrapped them in cellophane and filled coffee cans with them. We were each instructed to put our name and address in the coffee can so the service man that received them could write us a thank you note. When the coffee cans got to the USO they were placed in large garbage cans (clean and used for storage only). Each soldier visiting was told he could take a can of cookies. My DH received my coffee can filled with chocolate chip cookies. He wrote a very nice thank you note and told me a little about himself and asked if I would mind writing to him. We continued writing, and I continued sending baked goods, for a year before he was sent stateside to the base at the Presidio in San Francisco (his request) where I was then going to computer programming school. We dated for a year before we married in June of 1969. It's been 42 years now and he still loves telling people that he found me in a garbage can.
    Ann in TN
    Old 08-21-2011, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by COYOTEMAGIC
    I found him in the woods.

Honest!!! I worked for a program called VisionQuest that ran wilderness camps out in the wood for juvenile offenders. He came to work there.
    I was his boss too. He tells people, that hasn't changed.

I'm not as bad as my sister, however, she found her husband at the Goodwill store.
    OMG ROFL!!!!!!! I sure hope she got a deal on him!!!
    Old 08-21-2011, 12:33 PM

I went to Denny's with a date. My future DH was sitting at the counter with 2 of my very good friends. I went up to say HI to them and whispered to them to introduce us. We've been married 26 years now
    Old 08-21-2011, 12:50 PM

I met my husband of 34 years on June 11,1976.. at his father's gas station... His dad lied to him and told him I knew how to waterski(still don't know how)... and hooked us up ... got married June 4,1977....my best friend ... we grew up together...
    His dad was so proud of that he got us together... LOL!!
    Hugs
    Quiltinmama
    Old 08-21-2011, 01:06 PM

We met at our local small town Labor Day celebration in 1957. He asked me out that evening to a movie. We were married in 1960 and this year celebrated our 5lst Ann. Still love him dearly.
    Old 08-21-2011, 01:07 PM

We met at our local small town Labor Day celebration in 1957. He asked me out that evening to a movie. We were married in 1960 and this year celebrated our 5lst Ann. Still love him dearly.
    Old 08-21-2011, 01:16 PM

We met on Match.com...We started emailing around Thanksgiving 2003 and started dating in January 2004. The rest is history.... ;)
    Old 08-21-2011, 01:17 PM

I met my hubby at the gas station where I worked at when I was in High school. He was just home from a tour of service in the very early years of Vietnam War. We had things in common and when he asked me to go out with him , I said yes. I found out where the watermelons in our family history came from and who was responsible for it. He told me it was my uncle and he who had been stealing watermelons one night . He pulled a prank on my uncle and was telling me about it. I surprised him by asking if his friend's name was Doug Parker. He said yea, how did you know. I said he was my uncle. Jan of 2012 will be 37 years together.
    Old 08-21-2011, 01:27 PM

he was dating my girlfriend (not seriously) and she introduced us and it was instant attraction - we've been married 38 years come October - by the way girlfriend was happy for us and brags that she is the one who got us together