Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • How to handle selling fabric to quilting  board  member >
  • How to handle selling fabric to quilting board member

• How to handle selling fabric to quilting board member

Old 08-12-2011, 05:40 AM

Mikki, go to the Classified section and at the beginning there are listed rules for selling and such.
    If that doesnt answer all your questions, just PM Patrice...she is very helpful.

(I am not sure what it spells out about Paypal, but I think Patrice is saying that paypal needs to be used in an "honest" way, and board members are not to try and manipulate that system.)
    I apologize in advance to her, if I have misinterpreted.
    Old 08-12-2011, 05:48 AM

I'm really glad that I read this thread. Thank you, Patrice, for clarifying the policies of the Board. I thought I had read all of the instructions but apparently missed this particular item.
    Old 08-12-2011, 06:28 AM

There is also a way to pay at the Postal Service which is called an "International Money Order". It will be converted to pounds or Euros. Here in the States one goes to a large post office and purchases one. It may be sent to you by Air Mail which will take 7-10 days or Int'l Express which takes 1-2 days. To assist you in how much to charge the customer, put it in a box and have your postal service weigh, assess insurance charge, and postage. This is how much to charge and have her purchase the money order for. Don't ship until you have received payment.
    Old 08-12-2011, 06:29 AM

Mikki, I have been buying and selling on this site; buying since March, selling since May. I've used paypal for both buying and selling and have had no problems. When I sell something, I send my paypal ID and they send the money. I have been asked to invoice them; that is no problem either. (In the menu, there is a place to send money.) Once you do this the first time, you will see how easy it is. You can PM me if you need additional info.
    Old 08-12-2011, 07:03 AM

I use paypal as a buyer and complete the payment as a gift and do no incurr any fees. I also have a security on that account and in order to get beyond my initial password I have to have a 6 digit number issued via text message or voicemail.
    Old 08-12-2011, 07:06 AM
    Administrator

Originally Posted by butterflies5518
    I use paypal as a buyer and complete the payment as a gift and do no incurr any fees. I also have a security on that account and in order to get beyond my initial password I have to have a 6 digit number issued via text message or voicemail.
    do not use the gift option when buying things advertised here in our thrift shop/classifieds. you lose the protections PayPal offers when we properly identify the payments as being for goods or services.
    Old 08-12-2011, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
    Originally Posted by butterflies5518
    do not use the gift option when buying things advertised here in our thrift shop/classifieds. you lose the protections PayPal offers when we properly identify the payments as being for goods or services.
    Thank you until I reread some of the posting was not aware of this, thanks again.
    Old 08-12-2011, 07:07 AM
    Power Poster

I've had nothing but good experience selling on QB. PayPal isn't hard to set-up and I find it easier to use for pmts. Also shipping overseas is easy using flat rate envelopes. I just have everyone send PM with first come first serve.
    Old 08-12-2011, 08:01 AM

I live in Uk, and have bought from this board. I have always used Paypal without any problem.
    Old 08-12-2011, 02:28 PM

If you go to any nationaly affiliated bank, they can issue you a cashiers check in pounds - english currency. You can pay in cash. They will convert it.
    Ask to see a bank officer. Not everybody who works in a bank will know how to do this... but somebody will know!

If you get a check in pounds, the same person will know how to convert it and cash your check. There may be a delay...depending on how fast they can verify it.