How I spent my Sunday.

Old 02-22-2010, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
We have those on there, because they are "watch dogs" and they "watch" the truck. We had some guy almost cry cause he got to close our old truck and Bella snapped at him. He told us "she wasn't allowed at the gas station anymore."So now we put her in a hat and sunglasses when we go to the gas station....LOL The signs were clearly visible, but he was to busy yacking and trying to sound important to his buddies to pay heed to the signs.
I really don't find your comment funny in the least. I have been scared half to death by dogs suddenly jumping on the side of a vehicle where I happen to be walking. People in public places should be able to go about their business without getting snapped at (by dog or human).
My husband goes to great lengths to insure that our dogs are safe while riding in back of the truck. He has them on short tethers, they can't jump out. The man in question was being arrogant and trying to put on a show for his buddies, he seen the signs on the truck.
I am sorry you have had this happen. I agree also, one shouldn't have to be subjected to such things. But, Bella doesn't normally act in such a way. Something about this guy rubbed her the wrong way. Generally she and Cali sit and wait for "cookies" from the gas station attendants. As far as I can recall this is the only time she reacted in such a manner, he may have set off some bad vibes.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:45 AM
Power Poster

It is against the law here to have dogs in the bed of a truck. Some people do not worry about the safety of their dogs. You and Hubby don't seem to be like them. Good for you for keeping them from jumping out.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Jingleberry
It is against the law here to have dogs in the bed of a truck. Some people do not worry about the safety of their dogs. You and Hubby don't seem to be like them. Good for you for keeping them from jumping out.
Thanks, he installed rails on the bottom edge of his toolboxes and added tethers and a rubber mat and they have shade back there too.I believe they have that same law here, or something close to it. So far we haven't had an issue with it as far as the police pulling us over. I see dogs riding on top of those toolboxes that span the width of the bed, no tie off or anything. Scares me to death seeing them ride like that.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:20 AM
Power Poster

Thanks for clarifying the story. Egging on a tethered dog...what an idiot! I know what you are saying about listening to the dog though. Our first one, Shadow was the sweetest creature alive. One day, my friend's brother walked in the door and the dog (without visible provocation) raised her shackles and sat herself down (growling) between us and this guy. I never trusted him.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:31 PM

Here are those rails I spoke of...

The last picture is their dog run we built for them. Our dogs stay in their area, yet the neighbors dogs run rampant and they have the nerve to scream at us cause our dogs are barking at their loose dogs...go figure.

right side
[ATTACH=CONFIG]18101[/ATTACH]

left side
[ATTACH=CONFIG]18102[/ATTACH]

puppy area
[ATTACH=CONFIG]18103[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-18101.jpe   attachment-18102.jpe   attachment-18103.jpe  
Old 02-23-2010, 03:51 PM

I guess boys must have their toys too. Our's much better though :-P :-P :-P

Cute dogs. Their run is really nice :!:
Old 02-23-2010, 03:56 PM

Thanks, they are quite happy there. Off to the right of the frame is their "heated"house. We have two other houses in the open, (blue ones" they use during the warmer months.