How many have a garden?

Old 03-01-2011, 06:27 AM

Yep,Already have tomatoes up that I started from seed, peppers are started too! do the vegetables and flowers and also take care of my deceased parent's 15 acre farm. Plant rows and rows of gladiolas which I sell on my fruit and vegetable stand. Some days can't cut enough glads!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-130189.png  
Old 03-01-2011, 06:45 AM

I have a garden every year except for last year, the arthitis in my back was so bad I couldn't hardly walk had to have the nerves in my back deadened before I had any relief. this year I will have one God willing there is nothing better than fresh green beans, squash cucumbers, I usally do most of my quilting in winter. Spring and summer for my flowers and garden and squeeze in quilting when there is time. I love the outdoors
Old 03-01-2011, 06:56 AM

My best friend is in a condo and on the 8th floor. She has tomato, green beans, zuccini, and peppers in a couple of pots. The zuccini is trained to climb and they use it for shade on the one side. They have 2 or3 eye bolts into the balcony upstairs and wire from them to the bottom of the railing.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:57 AM

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

I grow perennials and vegetables, plus a couple of overexuberant rambler roses that I have to do hand-to-hand combat with every other year.

Will be finalizing my seed orders tonight. Yes, now that it is March.... another 3 weeks and I can start my tomato seeds!

Spring comes late in the north. I envy those of you who are already starting seedlings.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:25 AM

Huge garden, flowers, shrubs, all my veggies, fruit and nut trees. My DH and I made a deal when we moved to this property... from mid-April to mid-September unless it's raining (and sometimes even then) I am outside no matter what is going on in the house! In the summer I am outside at daybreak. It's the nicest time in the garden, so peaceful.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:51 AM

You and me both!!!!! I am in Downeast Maine!

Originally Posted by Missysgottohelp
I garden. I have a lot of flowers. I collect Iris. I also have a veggie garden and do alot of canning. I know that I'm ready to get my hands dirty and be outside but Mother Nature has other ideas. Nothing taste better than a big red tomato from the garden. In fact my DH will watch the first one and lets me know when it's ready cuz he wants BLT's.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:53 AM

I have a very small patio garden and some potted dwarf citrus trees. I grow lily's, herbs, greens and have just started a papaya tree (3) and a passion fruit vine.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:41 AM

I mix a few veggies in with my flowers and shrubs now but when I was younger, had a garden big enough to can for our family. Nothing tastes as good as a home grown tomato.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:42 AM

I'm here to tell you that will never happen. Plant some to eat, some that fail, and some for birds or insects. That is the way it is!
Originally Posted by raedar63
I can't wait to get back in the garden. I always plant way too much, I think I still have about 20 quarts of spaqetti sauce, 30 quarts of beans, lots of pizza sauce, chili sauce .... you get the Idea, there are only the two of us well a grown son too that rarely eats at home. I have to force myself to cut back this year.:(
Old 03-01-2011, 08:42 AM

I have a garden that is way too huge! the beds are raised. I am seed shopping and have the bug to get going. I am waiting for the ground to thaw so I can till in all the winter yard stuff.

I would like a warming matt for my seeds, so I can start early. I am thinking the cost is stopping me. $100 later I might have enough for my seed trays.

Here is a tomatoe question:
I am always on the hunt for tomatoes with a short growing season, zone 7. Something under 70 days. What are you planting?