Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • How many members have fibromyalgia? >
  • How many members have fibromyalgia?

• How many members have fibromyalgia?

Old 02-26-2010, 12:13 PM

Location: South Carolina; half hour away from Charlotte, N.C.

I feel for you Brenda B and am sorry that you are experiencing that. I know it is very uncomfortable to say the least

I explained to my Chiropractor at the time I was having this nose issue and after explaining to him my symptoms he looked at me like I was nuts!!! So much for getting relief. UGH!!!
    Old 02-26-2010, 12:14 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by Charity Quilter
    Brenda B I went to a rheumatologist once and he blew off any mention of Fibro. Never did get a diagnosis from him?!?

I keep hearing the word "flare-up".....does that mean one day I may wake up pain free and have occasional "flare-ups"? That would be glorious!!!
    For me, symptoms and pain 100% of the time, just varying degrees.
    Old 02-26-2010, 12:18 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by Charity Quilter
    I feel for you Brenda B and am sorry that you are experiencing that. I know it is very uncomfortable to say the least

I explained to my Chiropractor at the time I was having this nose issue and after explaining to him my symptoms he looked at me like I was nuts!!! So much for getting relief. UGH!!!
    Yes, I know. The first time I tried to talk to a doctor about it, he looked at me like there was nothing wrong, and I was probably just picking my nose! Gross!! Not to mention humiliating! I never went back to him either!
    Old 02-26-2010, 12:21 PM

Location: South Carolina; half hour away from Charlotte, N.C.

Watterstide you just let me down. I thought there was an inkling of hope of no pain for a little while. Loved the Spoon Theory!
    Old 02-26-2010, 01:20 PM

Hi. I am new here and have been reading all of the responses to fibromyalgia. My hands and feet have been hurting so bad but the doctor says it is arthritis. I have been going to many different doctors over the last few years and have been on lyricia (which I am not now) and celebrex. I read about black cherry juice concentrate the other day and decided to give it a try. I am taking 1/4 cup twice a day and I can't believe how the pain has gone away. I am also taking extra magnesium for my restless legs. If they quit working I will let you know but the juice tastes good and I buy it at the natural food store or on line.
    Old 02-26-2010, 04:46 PM
    dsj

I can't believe what I am reading. This is really scary to think we all share this pain syndrome, disease, or whatever you want to call it. WOW!!! The one thing that I don't have is the neuropathy, thank God. I know several people that have that along with the typical symptoms of FM&CF syndrome. My sister is one of them. She will get the fever blisters and the cystic acne all at the same time along with all the other craziness of it. I will get the cystic acne too now and I have never had acne issues before. I know that is hormonal mostly but sometimes I think maybe fibro is due to a hormonal imbalance. I have no idea what causes it, but frankly I am exhausted from it just as much as all of you. Ditter, put me and all who suffer from this on your prayer chain, I will do the same thing. Thank you, that means so much to me. I don't want to see anyone suffer with this.
    Old 02-26-2010, 05:53 PM

It is perfectly alright to have a long post. There are so many things wrong with us with fibro it takes time to tell it all. aand most people don't think your sick because you look normal, so you don't talk about it much.
    Old 02-26-2010, 06:03 PM

How come so many intelligent (you have to be to quilt) have to put up with this awful illness, i sometimes think that if it were predominantly male disease there would be some progress made in the treatment/understanding. The only bright side of FMS is that i have been able to watch the olympics which are on in the middle of the night over here. Otherwise I hate the racking pain i get.
    Old 02-26-2010, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by sarahelloyd
    How come so many intelligent (you have to be to quilt) have to put up with this awful illness, i sometimes think that if it were predominantly male disease there would be some progress made in the treatment/understanding. The only bright side of FMS is that i have been able to watch the olympics which are on in the middle of the night over here. Otherwise I hate the racking pain i get.
    When I first got this dreaded illness, one of the drs I went to said that type A personalities seem prone to getting it. Intelligent, go-getter, do everything, high activity levels; man o man, I sholuda done something different!
    Old 02-26-2010, 06:08 PM

BrendaB - i think that not being able to discuss your pain with anyone is the worst side of FMS, my wider family just shut off to me and like to pretend that it is just me, when in face i want to shout at them for being so insensitive. The only really positive side of life is having a very sweet caring husband who puts up with me through thick and thin. I thank God everyday for both him and the NHS I would never survive if I had to pay for my treatment!