How would you about this?

Old 04-29-2010, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by LBryan13790
Perhaps you can put a bug in the ear of the principal regarding what happened. Someone with an attitude like that can twist the situation around to blame you as needed later on. As an administrator, I always prefer the "Just wanted to let you know, I love to help out other teachers AND this is the situation..."
I agree - others should be aware of this except you and her.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:34 AM

No question. I would give her a bill for the work I did. Would she work for free? If she's going to be that picky, she'd better make them herself.

Even if you give her a bill, you may not get paid; but to passively wait for her to do the right thing will mean you definitely won't get paid. You'll have to be more assertive with her.

People continue to amaze me.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:27 AM

Talk to the principal.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:42 AM

Hi, what a low life. Present your bill to the principal, explaining what you were asked to do. She gave you the pattern to use. Let the principal make the decision.. the woman owes you for your work. What a dits!
Old 04-30-2010, 06:27 AM

Obviously this woman doesn't know squat about sewing and therefore has no idea what you had to go through. Not to mention the "failure to communicate" on her part. I know how you must feel -- kind of like a hard blow to your gut and ego when someone dismisses your hard work that easily. And I know your tongue must be pretty scarred up by now from biting on it every time you see her. Sometimes you just can't fix ignorance. I would have loved to have seen the skirts when you were finished - I bet they are adorable. I know there are some little girls out there who would love to have them and would wear them for real (especially my granddaughter), so I hope the ones you made find a good home.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana
Obviously this woman doesn't know squat about sewing and therefore has no idea what you had to go through. Not to mention the "failure to communicate" on her part. I know how you must feel -- kind of like a hard blow to your gut and ego when someone dismisses your hard work that easily. And I know your tongue must be pretty scarred up by now from biting on it every time you see her. Sometimes you just can't fix ignorance. I would have loved to have seen the skirts when you were finished - I bet they are adorable. I know there are some little girls out there who would love to have them and would wear them for real (especially my granddaughter), so I hope the ones you made find a good home.
Hey Nancy - side note, nothing to do with quilting - are you near the oil spill?
Old 04-30-2010, 03:25 PM

We are about 35 miles in from the coast, but folks around here are getting plenty nervous. So many depend on fishing, shrimping, and tourism. This is really going to hurt people badly down here. It's sad - those are the same people who are just about back on their feet after Katrina and Rita. There is a lot of concern about the coastal wildlife situation. There should have been a shut-off valve on the rig, but there wasn't one for some reason. The lawyers are already coming out from under their rocks. Things will not be pretty this summer, in a lot of ways.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:54 PM

Good thing come to giving people, God will send a blessing your way because you are willing to help others don't let this stop you from helping others, sometimes it is just better to let it go and be the better person.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:00 PM

I agree - go to the principle, present your bill w/a formal letter of what transpired. Maybe nothing will come of it, but perhaps she'll think twice about do'n again to someone else.

Originally Posted by smagruder
Hi, what a low life. Present your bill to the principal, explaining what you were asked to do. She gave you the pattern to use. Let the principal make the decision.. the woman owes you for your work. What a dits!
Old 04-30-2010, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltQtrs
You appear to be a generous-spirited, level-headed lady and as an outsider
am congratulating you in the intelligent handling of this distressing occurance.
Words cannot describe the other "lady".
What she said.

:wink: