Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • How is your Christmas Spirit this year? >
  • How is your Christmas Spirit this year?

• How is your Christmas Spirit this year?

Old 12-26-2011, 05:48 AM

Wouldn't it be interesting if we eliminated the shopping for presents, and everyone that wanted to exchange gifts would have to MAKE it? Whether it be a quilt, decorated towels, a plate full of cookies, or a special pie. OR maybe a "coupon book" with coupons saying you would cook their favorite meal one day, clean their house, sit with a loved one while the couple goes out for "date night". Can we DOWNSIZE our Christmases?? How about visiting nursing homes and spending time with those that have no one. Help serve at a soup kitchen? Just give of ourselves and not THINGS. Am I completely off-base here?Can we set an example for our kids and show the true meaning of Christmas as we head off to church, and put OTHERS first and celebrate JESUS's birthday? Is this realistic AT ALL or am I just being silly?
    Old 12-26-2011, 06:17 AM

Christmas sucks. There, I've said it, and I'm so glad I am not the only one who feels this way. An outsider might look at my life and wonder why I would say that, but I've always fought the holiday blues, and this year it's on steroids. And when I finally mustered the nerve to call my son last night at around 9PM his time, I saw a text on my phone that said how disappointed he was in me. Because I didn't call him, when all he could be bothered to do was to text me? Merry Christmas to me. I seriously hate drama.
    Old 12-26-2011, 07:57 AM

OH, some mornings I wake up Grumpy, others, I just let him sleep. Seriously though, it is very common. A big let-down sometimes. I think that it is just because it's over! No more hustle and bustle of Christmas shopping, baking, cooking, etc. God bless you and keep you safe. You'll feel better when all the hype is over too!
    Old 12-26-2011, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Prissnboot
    Christmas sucks. There, I've said it, and I'm so glad I am not the only one who feels this way. An outsider might look at my life and wonder why I would say that, but I've always fought the holiday blues, and this year it's on steroids. And when I finally mustered the nerve to call my son last night at around 9PM his time, I saw a text on my phone that said how disappointed he was in me. Because I didn't call him, when all he could be bothered to do was to text me? Merry Christmas to me. I seriously hate drama.
    that is messed up!!! I've told all of my kids that I've earned the right after all of these yrs that they should be the ones driving to my house (rather there are gifts or not) or to call. Each and everyone of my kids called me yesterday or at leased text (one out of 5 sent text) me to say Merry Christmas. You should tell him then you are equal because you are disapointed because he didn't contact you. He could have taken the time that he spent texting and called and done the right thing. I love Christmas and doing the gift exchange and all. This year has been really hard on me right up to last Sunday when I all of a sudden ended up in the hospital for 3 days but I have to admit I did what I wanted. that was to enjoy Christmas no matter what crap was going on in my life. I pray 2012 will be better than 2011 for all of us.
    Old 12-26-2011, 03:55 PM

I noticed you "Death by Chocolate". It was created by the head chef in our biggest restaurant here in Marengo. He won 1st place just a few years ago in a contest featuring chocolate. It is so sinfully good. Just gained another pound thinking about it. Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy New Year. Marge L.