Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • HummerGardenCrafts - My Mom! >
  • HummerGardenCrafts - My Mom!

• HummerGardenCrafts - My Mom!

Old 10-25-2011, 02:33 AM

Prayers going up for your safety! I don't think I would tell them if I had a gun, takes away the element of surprise if they do come in, but that's just me!
    Old 10-25-2011, 02:36 AM

I read your story and agree you probably stayed up a good portion of the night. I am here in Delaware living alone with 2 dogs in the house. Last Sat eve around 10pm I was watching TV in my room when I heard someone outside my bedroom window. I then heard his (or her) cell phone ring. Man, I jumped for my gun and cell phone lickety split. Called the cops and within a few mins they arrived. Whoever, was gone by then. But I stayed up a good portion of the night. I did call a friend to calm me down and that helped. Now I will pay the extra electric for more lights on all night.
    Old 10-25-2011, 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by bkb
    Never tell a stranger you have a gun. Never !
    Also never tell them that you are alone.

Stay safe.
    Old 10-25-2011, 02:45 AM

Oh my!! That would scare anyone to be up all night..I see you live in WV, can you send me a pm telling me where you live? I live right on the Ohio line..
    Old 10-25-2011, 02:49 AM
    Power Poster

just getting to read this..... so sorry you had a scary night. thank God you where smart enough not to open that door!!!! Prayers to you that you get rest today!!!
    Old 10-25-2011, 02:49 AM

I carry a gun and have one by my bed, by the front door, in the car, handy at ALL times! SURE DO!~
    One day not long ago we had a problem with a neighbor, just moved here in May and it's a nice neighborhood except for one street over there's this strange guy (drugs, wild mood swings,people in and out at all hours), they came out and I told them I had a gun if he came over here I'd use it. I showed it to him. After he went over and talked to him and came back he said, "I see what you mean. GO FOR IT if you have to in order to protect yourself". I"m so glad the police have that attitude because that is what they are for, the guns, to protect ourselves.
    Ya'll better get one if you don't have one!~ Your rights may not always be here...I'll always have mine!
    Old 10-25-2011, 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by bkb
    Never tell a stranger you have a gun. Never !
    I agree.
    Old 10-25-2011, 03:05 AM

Things are so different these days. It will be awhile before your peace of mind comes back, but it will. I now have my conceal carry permit and a gun to go with it. Just a suggestion for those with small children in the house who don't want a loaded gun around - a can of wasp spray can be your best friend. It shoots a strong stream 20 feet and will blind whoever you hit in the face with it until they get to a hospital. It also kills snakes.
    Old 10-25-2011, 03:11 AM

scary, there are so many wierd things in the world nowdays. I think I would get a BIG dog for outside. German shepards are pretty good watch dogs
    Old 10-25-2011, 03:21 AM

You are in my thoughts and prayers, but never NEVER tell someone you have a gun. Let it be a element of surprise as so many people can't shoot when pushed into a situation that they need to do so and then it becomes a weapon against them, plus if you tell them you have one they may think you have others and break in for them.

I don't understand the people who want to take guns away, it is our right to have one if we wish, but they are sure working to take away that right and when and if they do, we can kiss our country good bye for sure. The states that have the strictest gun laws have higher crime rates than other states.

I would call the police back out and have them check out the quilt building and the premises all over to be sure there is no one out there anywhere. It would certainly help you to rest a little better plus you have no business going out there to check things out either.

Take care and keep that gun handy, glad you know how to use it!