Husband's the good ones

Old 12-11-2010, 09:40 PM

I've always been a stay-at-home-mom RugosaB. Over 35 years. Wouldn't change it for the world.

Originally Posted by RugosaB
26 years ago we agreed that he'd go to work, while I stayed home, and that's the way we've done it ever since
Old 12-11-2010, 10:09 PM

Mines got you all beat. Hes never done Any housework no cooking no laundry no picking up after himself. Doesn't mow the yard. He doesnt buy me gifts for birthday are christmas. He never ask me what I spend money on and I buy some crazy things. Tells me he loves me everyday and I'm the prettiest thing even when I'm covered in dirt
Old 12-11-2010, 11:02 PM

My husband of 42 years was certainly a keeper. I didn't quilt untill after he passed away but I did bead when we would go to a bead store he would pick out more beads for me than I would.
We were long haul truckdrivers for many years so we were lucky enough to be together 24/7 When I became to ill to truck anymore he just sold the truck and started driving for someone else to keep expences down. He would always bring me many presents home when he had a chance to come home. And he called me at least once a day, sometimes more often just to tell me how much he loved me. When he got lung cancer his greatest worry seemed to be who was going to take care of me. He has been gone for almost 4 years now and I still miss him so very much, life just isnt the same without him
Old 12-12-2010, 04:01 AM

My husband in support of my HABIT wrote lyrics to I,m Saving All My Loving for You, it goes I,m Saving All My Money For Your Quiltin!
Old 12-12-2010, 04:03 AM

Prayers to you both!
Old 12-12-2010, 04:07 PM

Thanks for this thread. Makes me remember that my DH is the best. He spoils me terribly and always puts me first if I want, not need something. He doesn't do dishes or laundry, nor do I want him to, he does pickup after himself and most of all he puts up with all my imperfections. Thanks for letting me brag, there are so many women that drag their husbands down.
Old 12-12-2010, 04:11 PM

My husband of 35+ years is always available for any task I need. He loves to do woodworking so he makes me things to make life better or our home. He is making a murphy bed for our guest room right now. He still works full time and does these things after work! Love him!!
Old 12-12-2010, 04:15 PM

My DH is the one person who stands between me and world, if you know what I mean. He is generous to a fault a bit of a handful so I can say 45 yrs has been challenging, and I DO like a challenge! when I wanted to pedal a bike across the USA in 1984 he was in my corner and said go for it. He had faith in me.He is my soulmate
Old 12-12-2010, 07:56 PM

My DH is one of the best.We have been married 46 years (were 18 and 19), had 2 babies right away. He was in the Navy the first 20 so he was gone a lot (Vietnam era). We have worked together for the last 20 plus years, first in a woodcraft business and now selling upholstery and drapery fabric. He can fix anything, is willing to help me and others with just about anything, is a great dad and granddad, brother and son. He can do housework, laundry, cook, yard work and helps me with my crazy ideas. He puts up with me and loves me and can even sew.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:51 PM

Isn't it nice that so many of here have such wonderful husbands??? You read in the news everyday about women being murdered by their husbands, children being abused by their fathers, so much tragedy. I thank the Lord above for every one of the last 44 years of my life with my wonderful man.Nobody could ever love me the way he does. He is my lover, my friend, and my soft place to fall when I am in need.
God Bless all our wonderful men!!!!