I blame all of you...

Old 09-07-2011, 03:18 PM

hehehe...the quilting Joneses!
Old 09-07-2011, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper
I am a gadget girl so I have plenty of them. Don't use most of them, but there is a satisfaction from looking at them!!
I'm a template gal myself! I think I have every one ever manufactured! Some times I have more than one of the same thing........that is because I can't find the first one!
OK, Sunnie....how are you stocked with templates??? :P
Old 09-07-2011, 03:53 PM

I am up to 7 sewing machines. This winter i plan to paint the sewing room, putting down laminate flooring and putting a u shaped work station in. My next purchase is an embroidery machine, so i am not buying too much fabric. hehehe...i am going to the Mennonite quilt shops Monday, good luck with that!
Old 09-07-2011, 08:33 PM

Hum....I need a volunteer crew of fabric experts to knock at my door and announce that I have been selected for an organizational makeover. AND I don't have to let go of any of my stash. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 09-07-2011, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by sunni
Well I see you live in Morgantown, so I think perhaps you should go to The Hayloft and get some fabric :)

robin (loves the hayloft)
Hey Robin, I was just there 3 days ago. And down the road is Obie's, another favorite. If you have never been there let me know next time you are in the area and I will take you.

ps-love your id...sunni...from Sunnie
Old 09-07-2011, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by A1penny
I am a gadget girl so I have plenty of them. Don't use most of them, but there is a satisfaction from looking at them!!
I'm a template gal myself! I think I have every one ever manufactured! Some times I have more than one of the same thing........that is because I can't find the first one!
Not too big on templates as I am not so good at applique. Think I'll hold off on collecting them.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Phannie1
Originally Posted by luv-e
We motivate each other, we don't blame hehehehe
Congrats on the find!!
I love to motivate! I love Books, and More Books. I even look for quilt books at antique shops and Goodwill! Can find some old titles and good prices there.
Oh yeah, I did forget to mention the books & magazines. When our library has their big book sale I usually clean them out. And they sell old magazines all the time for 50 cents or 3 for a dollar...how can I resist.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by COYOTEMAGIC
I've been attempting to organize my sewing room for over year now!! The picture below shows you what some of my stash looks like. All of that has be washed so I don't have to wash it when I'm ready to make a new quilt. (Notice the kitty perched dangerously close to the edge of the pile!)

I'm behind ya'll, I only have one machine. BUT a bed in a bag sized bag full of thread!!!!
I have a pile that looks like that...LOL!
Old 09-08-2011, 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by Sunnie
Originally Posted by A1penny
Not too big on templates as I am not so good at applique. Think I'll hold off on collecting them.
Oops Sunnie.....I don't do applique either....what I meant to say...I love anything plastic..... like RULERS every size, all the SQUARES in every size, all the TRIANGLES in every size.......I could open a store! (Glad my husband didn't hear me say that!)
Old 09-08-2011, 02:28 AM

I see that you have sadly fallen behind all the other quilters. Where are the dogs and cats? You just cannot be a qualified quilter unless you have at least three or four fur bundles hanging around your sewing area.