I blame all of you...

Old 09-08-2011, 02:32 AM

Thank you!! I am glad to contribute to any one's "addiction"...especially when its a healthy one!!
Old 09-08-2011, 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by Yooper32
I see that you have sadly fallen behind all the other quilters. Where are the dogs and cats? You just cannot be a qualified quilter unless you have at least three or four fur bundles hanging around your sewing area.
HAHAHAHAHAHA...I have 8 German Shorthaired Pointers in the house. But I also have a dutch door between the living room and my sewing room. Only the old girls are allowed admittance. The puppy would think it is all a toy.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:14 AM

Uh, guess I won't mention your gorgeous dog would probably like a few friends! lol Virg
Old 09-08-2011, 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by Airwick156
Originally Posted by Sunnie
I see photos of these neat orderly sewing rooms and I get busy trying to make my little sewing space look more orderly.

Then I see photos of all these nice organized fabrics so I order some Easy Cores and get busy wrapping my fabrics so I can see what I have...many great discoveries there.

Then you all tell me how many sewing machines you have and I only have two. But, lo and behold, there is one at a yard sale. A Janome no less. And because I am falling behind you all I just have to buy it.

So please be careful what you tell me next.....

:D :D :D
Too funny. Lets see what can we tell you that you need next....hey I got it....you need to have us all send you some of our bills to pay that way we have more money to spend on fabric. LOLOL
You are too funny!

:lol:
Old 09-08-2011, 05:02 AM

I'm not even going to TRY to compete with any of you. I have more kids, less time, and less money....does that count?
Love your sense of humor.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:08 AM

Do you have a big enough desgin wall? LOL!!!!!!!
Old 09-08-2011, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by vjengels
Do you have a big enough desgin wall? LOL!!!!!!!
Ah, now you did it. One of the few things I don't have.

I have been considering a design wall, but when I look around I don't even have a 2 x 3 foot space available. So I use either my bed or my sofa with a quilt thrown over it. My one quilt has a cream backing which works well.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:23 AM

who posted that whole pile of material? not me... mine was in bags, or on bolts straight from the shop. so i just put it on boards. i was not about to try and wash and iron it all before i put it on boards. i would never have had the time, patience or energy to do that. i used politcal sign boards. i know cost a little more than other things.but not as expens. as others. but i could manage that.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:33 AM

OH My -Don't rush, this only takes the fun out of it.Believe me it doesn't take much time or $$ to find cool stuff Keep your eyes open every where you go -browse those yard sales and all those 2nd hand stores full of treasures.I recently saved $258 0n 12 yds of fab I wanted to re-ulpholster a love seat with -Goodwill only charged me $6.36 on the same day I found 20 fab wrap boards from JoAnns and a perfect running sew-mach from Montgomery Wards at least 40 yrs old all for $8.98 -I just love treasure hunting :thumbup:
Old 09-08-2011, 06:46 AM

Guilty as charged. Just got a JoAnn's Sale Flyer in the mail and guess what??? Wednesday Sept 14th is Senior Discount Day. If you are 60 or older 20% off your total purchase. It includes regular and sale items!!!