Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • I can not belive What I saw. >
  • I can not belive What I saw.

• I can not belive What I saw.

Old 07-16-2010, 12:17 PM

Some younger kids - about 5th graders - were heard to compare notes as to how many time-outs they had that week. They thought it was cute and had a contest going.
    Old 07-16-2010, 12:43 PM

Not so much anymore but when my stepkids were young their friends would knock on the door at 10, 10:30 at night wanting to no if they could come out and play. I would say, "They've been in bed asleep for the past couple of hours. That's exactly where you should be, now go home." This would happen on school nights! DD, now 11, tells her friends that she can't have company or phone calls after 8pm.
    Old 07-16-2010, 12:49 PM
    Power Poster

To me its really sad....where are their parents? Isnt anyone worried about them?????? LOL, my kids are 22, 20 and 17 and I still like to know where they are!
    Old 07-16-2010, 01:19 PM

If their tearing up stuff, go talk to P.D. during the day, ask them to feel free to park in front of your house at down times, folks doing things illegal, seem to have scanners and disapear when you call it in when it happens, seems the more presence the less problems, but no way can they be everywhere. We've solved many upcoming probs, by talking to the parents, some of who you may know if you've lived in the area a long time, a lot of times just walking up to the kids and talking to them will run them off if they know someone is keeping an eye out....
    Yep we were careful w/parents, they knew everyone, and you always got caught !!!! Good Luck :)
    Old 07-16-2010, 02:12 PM

I wonder if they are sneaking out at night and maybe the parents don't have a clue. next time you see them call the police AND call child services. Sounds like the park is close to you, if it were me, I'd walk over there with my camera ready for a night shot and snap their picture then send it in to the local newspaper.
    Old 07-16-2010, 02:56 PM

Where the heck are their parents :!: Wasn't there a saying on television around 11:00 - "Do you know where your children are?" It was from a Buffalo, NY station
    Old 07-16-2010, 02:58 PM

Not sure if any of you heard about the rioting that was going on in a part of Belfast this week. Children as young as 8 were throwing stones and other missiles at the police. One child was at the riot with his grandfather. What chance is there?
    Old 07-16-2010, 04:10 PM

It is so sad when this happens. I got tired of seeing kids running around my neighborhood with no parents so I decided to chat with them. They are starved for attention for the most part. Now when I'm outside we'll often have an "explore my garden" moment. I'll drag out magnifying glasses, microscope equipment, collection jars, etc. and we'll "play". Their parents never check on them during the 2-3 hours they stay (all I can say to that is WOW, my kids were never that unsupervised).

I'm not sure how happy mom's are when all those bugs we collected and identified come home but the kids learn a lot. :XD:
    Old 07-16-2010, 04:29 PM

It Sounds like they were not ready for the committment of a family. The parents probably grew up just like their children are growing up, now...no one cares about them & what they do at any time of the day or night! How WRONG!!! What it comes down to is...God is not included in their daily lives but, God does send his Guardian Angels to look after each of us! He does care & Loves us!
    Old 07-16-2010, 04:38 PM
    Power Poster

You'd be surprised that the principal's kids, policeman's kids, school board member's kids,businessman's or the pastor's kids are the ones that will stand up and call you every name in the book if you say anything they don't want to hear. It's usually not the under educated, wrong side of the tracks parents that raise the low lifes.