Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • I can't do any sewing because.. >
  • I can't do any sewing because..

• I can't do any sewing because..

Old 06-01-2011, 04:59 PM

Barb, I took this same remedy for a time and found that it works pretty well.
    Old 06-01-2011, 05:05 PM

They are called golden raisins and are next to the dark raisins on the store shelf.
    Old 06-01-2011, 05:29 PM

I don't remember who it was that mentioned they took Relafen and Mobic. Relafen can cause strokes and heart attacks, and Meloxicam, which is the generic for Mobic can do the same. Just thought you all would like to know.
    Old 06-01-2011, 06:28 PM

I know you are going to laugh but I have left shoulder and neck pain when I am at the machine for long hours. I found if I just take my bra off it doesn't happen. Probably only works for me but I sure does work.
    Old 06-01-2011, 09:33 PM

My doctor said I have ostioarthritis in my hips and they use to hurt all the time especially at night. My doctor perscribed Cymbalta I have taken it since 2005 it blocks pain in your brain. I sleep great and no pain! I don't usually recommend pills but it works!!!
    Old 06-02-2011, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by hopetoquilt
    Try massage, chiropractor and accupunture. There is also a homeopathic type of doctor that looks at the whole picture (diet, exercise, habits, sleep, meds, etc and makes reccomendations)
    I've been going to a DO for years, since I was 18 and I'm now 52. They have the same training as an MD, but with the chiropractic stuff added. A DO canb take the MD licensing tests too, but the MD can't take the DO test.
    They tend to teat the whole body
    The delivered my 3 kids, and it was nice, when I was pregnant, to go for adjustments when I was pregnant. I've never gone specifically for arthritis pain, but I bet they would add the adjustments along with any meds
    Old 06-03-2011, 06:30 AM

If taking off the bra works, good, I will try anything before I put any more pills in my system. Yesterday I had a real bad pain in shoulder and I wanted to plant my garden (it`s Hugh only got 1/3 in working from 8:A.M. till 1:P.M.) so I asked my DH if he would put a pain patch on my shoulder before I started. No Pain all day. Took only 2 hrs. off for an apointment, then tilled more garden space till 6:P.M. This morning it rained a little so I get a day off.
    Old 06-03-2011, 03:24 PM

Phyical Therapy usually works an also chiroprators can sometimes help especially is your neck is out of alignment with the rest of your spinal area. Good Luck. Feel better. Sue
    Old 06-04-2011, 04:15 AM

I am going to a cervical chiropractor and he has done wonders for my neck and shoulders. You hardly feel his adjustments and I am now living about 85% pain free as far as my neck and shoulders. I was at the point of surgery, but my Orthopedic Dr. did not want to do it because I had a heart attack on the table when I had the lower back surgery. He said he would, but he wanted me to wait as long as I could. I rarely hurt in my neck anymore. Hope this helps. PM me if you want more info.
    Old 06-04-2011, 06:37 AM

I've had arthritis for over 35 years. I am allergic to most pain meds. Years ago I learned biofeedback to control the pain and I just keep moving. I have one of those foam pillows that is higher on one side that supports my neck at night. My mom had trouble with her neck and I got her one of those pillows and it has stopped her pain.
    I, too, have more trouble in cold humidity.