Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • I dreamed of my mother last night. >
  • I dreamed of my mother last night.

• I dreamed of my mother last night.

Old 07-01-2010, 04:41 AM

It's quite possible that she did visit you.

I remember this one night, when my little sister bolt straight up in bed, and she was looking to the ceiling and she was talking to someone. I couldn't really make out what she was saying till she said, "I love you Grandma." and then she laid back down and continued to sleep, like nothing had happened. The last time she did this was a week after her paternal grandfather passed away.

And when my sisters Grandfather passed, I had a dream just a couple of months prior to him passing, that one of the people who was a grandparent in some shape or the other, was going to pass away. And a few months later he passed. It was strange.

I also believe that the hallway and bathroom are haunted, so what do i know! ;) :lol:

But it is quite possible that she is watching over you, and that she is telling you that she loves you.
    Old 07-01-2010, 04:42 AM

I believe you had that special visit from your mother. I feel the presence of my mother and dad at times. She passed away over 12 years ago, dad passed away 6 years ago.
    Old 07-01-2010, 04:44 AM

I believe ( and some may think I'm nuts) that those who have passed sometimes visit us in our dreams. I have had vivid dreams of my 16 yr old daughter who passed. In the dream she was peeved because she wasn't allowed to go somewhere, and she slammed her bedroom door. My hubby who was in the livingroom (awake) came to my bedroom and asked me why I slammed the door! I didn't! I was asleep! I've also had vivid dreams of my 26 yr old deceased son, and my grandmother. Not normal dreams....VERY VIVID ones. I'am lucky to still have my mom and dad. Both are 79, and when they go...I have no doubts that they will visit from time to time in my dreams!
    Old 07-01-2010, 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by KathyAire
    I certainly understand your dream. My daughter died in a car accident 29 years ago. She was seven. Rarely do I dream of her. When I do, it's very real and I'm always so sorry and sad to wake up because then she is gone again. I find peace knowing that she is with Jesus.
    I'm so sorry about your daughter.
    I also had a daughter die (as an infant) so I know your pain. Oddly though she's never been in any of my dreams, unless she's there as an adult and I don't recognize her.
    I also find peace knowing she's with Jesus.
    (((HUGS))))
    Old 07-01-2010, 04:51 AM
    Banned

{{HUGS}}} to you in the joy of 'seeing' your mom.
    My mom died in 1990. Before she passed a nun( mom was not Catholic) but a nun visiting the hospital asked my mom if she could come back to life (be reincarnated) what would she come back as. Mom told her she did not believe in that at ALL, but if she could she would be a yellow swallow tail butterfly.

Since she passed butterflies have become very special to me, my sister and my daughter. Whenever I see a yellow butterfly (I don't see them often) I know she is near. There are times when butterflies should NOT be around (seasonal things) and I will see one. I know at that point that I am supposed to be where I am at that moment in my life.

I think it is great that you had that dream.
    Old 07-01-2010, 04:54 AM
    Power Poster

Whenever I'm really stressed out I dream of one of my dead relatives. It's like they know I need them. I love it.
    Old 07-01-2010, 04:59 AM

Some people just have this ability and I believe it is inherited. My mom had it, my sister and I do and now DD. Sometimes I dream about things that are going to happen and sometimes loved ones come to "visit". I just accept it for what it is, a gift from God. I do document thie dreams about the future just so I can verify when it happens.
    Old 07-01-2010, 05:02 AM

Mom passed 42 years ago at age 50 and my daughter and granddaughter passed away 18 yrs ago from an auto accident. Imagine a dream I had with all three of them!!! Needless to say, I laid in bed in "wonderment" not wanting to get up, but anxious to call my siblings and tell them about it. Hugs to you, I believe!
    Old 07-01-2010, 05:04 AM

Yes I have. It was my first child. I lost when I was 5 months along and I misscarried. I was so upset. But 2 months after I had a dream that I had a baby boy and he was being baptized Erik James. His name is now in the family Bible, along with my GS Erik James. My DD has all so dreamed of her brother. Would wake me up in the middle of the night telling me that she had a older brother; and he had a long talk with her. She never told me what they talked about.
    Old 07-01-2010, 05:09 AM

Remember what Cinderella said, " A dream is a wish your heart makes, whenever you're fast asleep." Being kind to yourself is a blessing. It is like a forgiveness and it is so preciously private. I've been so blessed, too.

Ruth