Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • I Have a Date For New Years Eve!!!!!!!!!!!!! >
  • I Have a Date For New Years Eve!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• I Have a Date For New Years Eve!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-01-2010, 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach
    I know who Miss Piggy was fashioned after. An old friend from long Island named Jackie had a house on Fire Island right next door to Jim Henson during the mid 1970's. Co workers of Henson were always visiting. Miss Piggy has the same manorisms as Jackie so much so that it is errie. And not to be mean but Jackie looked sort of like a pig. She had a pig nose and her hair was the same, and Jackie always flipped her head like Miss Piggy does. Right after that summer Miss Piggy appeared..........Jackie M. and Miss Piggy are one and the same.

Just thought you would like some useless info.
    Wow!! How cool. I was so sad when Jim Henson died. My son LOVED Sesame Street when he was young. Okay, me too. ;)
    Old 01-01-2010, 05:30 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by marsye
    Originally Posted by amma
    Soooo how did your date go??? Hope he didn't turn into a toad at midnight :wink:
    Kermit had way too much to drink (bug juice) long before midnight, his ugly web feet slipped on some ice and he slid under a moving 18 wheeler and was drug for 7.9 miles before he was knocked loose into a gutter where I left him until he woke up....then I sent him to bed for being bad. He never saw the new year come in! Some people just never learn that they can't handle much bug juice.:hunf:
    lol lol

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Old 01-01-2010, 07:29 AM

:lol: :lol:
    Old 01-01-2010, 09:27 AM

He's a handsome fella. :D :D :D
    Old 01-01-2010, 01:26 PM

My date was with our 6 1/2 month DGD. It was her first spend the night party. At bed time she screamed at full volume for 30 minutes. The cats ran and hid the dogs howled. DH asked what he could do and I told him I couldn't hear him. Then she quit and slept from 10 pm to 7 am. Would I do it again? In a heart beat. Next year, prayfully, we will have two little ones.
    Old 01-01-2010, 09:53 PM
    Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

Originally Posted by Lisanne
    Originally Posted by trupeach
    I know who Miss Piggy was fashioned after. An old friend from long Island named Jackie had a house on Fire Island right next door to Jim Henson during the mid 1970's. Co workers of Henson were always visiting. Miss Piggy has the same manorisms as Jackie so much so that it is errie. And not to be mean but Jackie looked sort of like a pig. She had a pig nose and her hair was the same, and Jackie always flipped her head like Miss Piggy does. Right after that summer Miss Piggy appeared..........Jackie M. and Miss Piggy are one and the same.

Just thought you would like some useless info.
    Love it! Not to sidetrack the thread, but surely Jackie recognized herself in Miss Piggy if others did, and probably people pointed it out to her. So what I really want to know is, what did she think of Miss Piggy being modeled after her?
    Jackie knew Miss Piggy was her but the truth be told Jackie was more animated then Miss Piggy. I think Jackie thought it was the funniest thing that Jim Henson had made her (meaning Jackie) into a puppet.