Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • I have a needle in my hip bone.............. >
  • I have a needle in my hip bone..............

• I have a needle in my hip bone..............

Old 07-29-2011, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by lauriejo
    I wonder if because needles are usually stainless steel they are not magnetic? I can't imagine why they don't just remove though?
    Hmmm...oh, this was a needle from an injection, not a sewing needle...ahhh, you just might be right and I was having a senior moment. :oops:
    Old 07-29-2011, 06:59 AM

They told me that it would not have an inpact, as the magnetic field would not be strong enough to move it. At the most, it might get hot. I did feel a warm sensation in the aerea the made the MRI, but not particulary around the needle.
    thanks for all wellwishing.
    Granny
    Old 07-29-2011, 02:54 PM

If this Dr's don't help you with the surg to get it out please don't suffer get another opinion. Pain meds mask the symptoms I don't know if your taking something for inflammation also but that needle may have moved a little and that is why your getting pain now. I hope you have med ins. because ins will pay for a second opinion so don't suffer. Sue
    Old 07-29-2011, 10:55 PM

Thanks Sue

In Switzerland health insurance is compulsory and we have a very good health system.......... :oops: :oops:
    My general practitioner is on holiday for two weeks and we agreed that he sends me to a surgeon as soon as he is back. Hope to find one that is not affraid of taking it out.
    The pain is not gone but it is bearable right now.
    Granny
    Old 07-30-2011, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by granny_59
    Thanks Sue

In Switzerland health insurance is compulsory and we have a very good health system.......... :oops: :oops:
    My general practitioner is on holiday for two weeks and we agreed that he sends me to a surgeon as soon as he is back. Hope to find one that is not affraid of taking it out.
    The pain is not gone but it is bearable right now.
    Granny
    So glad to hear that you pain is at least tolerable right now. Also glad to hear that your GP is on board with having it removed. Take care.
    Old 07-30-2011, 02:04 PM

I didn't realize you was in Switerland. I'm glad you have good health care. Just kinda take it easy until he gets back and can get you taken care of it always happens when your Dr. is on vacation. I hear other people talk about health coverage in other countries and they say you have to wait a long time that's why they like the USA but from what I hear it's better in other countries. We need a different kind of insurance here for sure. Prayers for you not to be in to much pain. It's a good excuse for you to do something you like but feel quilty taking the time to do. Let us know how you are doing. Sue
    Old 08-01-2011, 04:48 PM

My daughter had terribly spaced teeth and wore braces for about 4 years. About 15 years later a piece of wire showed up in her regular checkup dental x-ray. It isn't bothering her yet but this post reminds me of it.