Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • I just need to"Whine" for a little bit and then..... >
  • I just need to"Whine" for a little bit and then.....

• I just need to"Whine" for a little bit and then.....

Old 05-20-2009, 08:48 AM
    Power Poster

Men are so touchy chairjogger, I don't understand them. :wink: :wink: They get upset over the tiniest things, like I didn't like the paint in the hall, after it was half painted, and bought new. Dh about had a heart attack, I told him I wanted gray with a blue tint, and it was blue with a gray tint, anyone should understand the difference! :lol: :lol:

Ninnie
    Old 05-20-2009, 08:57 AM

Oh dont start me off!! we have been here over 3 years now and himself has done nothing in the bungalow.. maybe because I vowed I wouldnt ask him again, as he takes soo long to do anything.. I am desperate for shelving for my sewing stuff as I have mentioned here before!! and now I am thinking of asking SIL to come over and help me out... hub is a football referee and his 'world' so nothing else matters!! Oh and the dog.. his ' other woman'!! In the last three years I have been promised

A garden shed, converted into sewing room
    new doors through bungalow
    a small conservatory

None of which I have heard mention again...

At least you are getting rooms done and as they say it will be nice when finished :lol:
    Old 05-20-2009, 09:37 AM
    Power Poster

elliemay, I think you need to just go ahead and hire someone! Life is too short to just sit and wait :D :D

Ninnie
    Old 05-20-2009, 09:39 AM
    Power Poster

Ninnie, at our house, we call those kind of gifts "the gift that keeps on giving" lol

Just remember- IT WILL BE BEAUTIFUL.
    Old 05-20-2009, 10:04 AM

I knew there was a reason I haven't done anything like that for a looooong time. They do tend to snowball! :?

Breathe, it will be nice when it is done. One foot in front of the other. And take breaks to keep us up to speed! I love to chuckle! :lol:
    Old 05-20-2009, 11:16 AM

those ceilings are a pain!! when we bought our house a few years back we remodeled thus repainted the whole house, 45 gallons later, it was finally done, the ceilings soaked up over half of the paint, good luck on your painting be sure to take before and after pics to show us.
    Old 05-20-2009, 11:21 AM
    k3n
    Power Poster

Ninnie, I really felt bad for you and then I read that YOU CAN'T GET TO YOUR SEWING ROOM!!!! Then I just about broke down and cried for you! LOL

Wish I could come and help. Don't you wish there was a fast forward button sometimes - just push it and it's all DONE!

K x
    Old 05-20-2009, 11:40 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by k3n
    Ninnie, I really felt bad for you and then I read that YOU CAN'T GET TO YOUR SEWING ROOM!!!! Then I just about broke down and cried for you! LOL

Wish I could come and help. Don't you wish there was a fast forward button sometimes - just push it and it's all DONE!

K x

Come on over K, I'll be glad to just sit and wait on you! :lol: :lol:
    Just taking a break to get some tea, painting is a mighty thirsty job! I can still get to the frige, if I turn sideways and scoot in! :lol: :lol:

I didn't take any before pics, wish I had! Hope to live long enough to get the after ones!

DH said as long as he is alive he is never buying me furniture again! :lol: :lol: Fine with me!

Ninnie

Old 05-20-2009, 12:02 PM
    Power Poster

LMAO... Now I remember why I haven't painted my living room yet. But this summer it must be done :twisted: I have homosot on the walls, its not drywall or plaster but a paper based wall board. Great for insulation and sound barrier but a REAAL pain to paint.. It just soaks in the paint. Last time it was 4 coats of Kilz and three coats of paint, all this to cover a cream color :? Good luck and remember it will all be worth it :lol:
    Sharon
    Old 05-20-2009, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Ninnie
    It all started when DH says "honey, why don't we get you new den furniture for Mother's day?" He is a doll and does tend to spoil me rotten!

Sweet of him right? I thought so too until I started to look at the walls and discovered that the blue paint wouldn't go with the new furniture, and the ceiling was a mess. (ceiling had been blown in the 70's with plaster ) So I say "Honey , we really need to paint first". And since the kitchen is open to the Den, we'll have to paint those blue cabinets also! No sweat, the furniture won't be here for 2 weeks, so plenty of time! We go and buy paint, light brown for the den and moonlight gold for my kitchen cabinets. I start in the kitchen, because DH is going to do the den. He starts to paint the ceilings and discovers that you can't paint the plaster. As soon as it gets wet, it falls off. So DH says Connie Beth,, we need to scrape this ceiling first before we can paint it.( By now, no more Honey) We spend all weekend scraping the ceiling, all my sheets on the floor, got the primer pun on the ceiling late Monday night. Yea progress!

DH had to work the rest of the week, so now my job to have the room "cut in " by the time he gets home tonight. All the kitchen's stuff is in the Dinning Room and the den stuff is in the halls and living room, except for Mortimer's couch. But, no sweat, it's temporary and still have 2 weeks to finish, right?
    Wrong! They just called and said the furniture is in and for us to come and pick it up! I lost it then. Told them It would be picked up when and only when my house was back in order! that poor man, didn't know what to say to me. :lol: :lol:

I just want to go check into a Hotel and forget all this! So I am now on here crying and procrastinating, because I don't want to paint anymore!

Well, that ole wall isn't getting painted by itself, os guess I had better get on the ball!

PS: the furniture wasn't a frivolous buy, after 7 kids, 2Grands, and 3 Great Danes, the old was falling apart!

Wow, I feel better now! Thanks guys!

Ninnie

Ninnie, I am going to start a new thread about doing home repair with a husband. This happened 2 years ago and I have pictures to back it up. I kept a diary. He will never forgive me. Teeheee! It's a bit long but it's funny.