Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • I just need to"Whine" for a little bit and then..... >
  • I just need to"Whine" for a little bit and then.....

• I just need to"Whine" for a little bit and then.....

Old 05-21-2009, 08:18 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Rose Hall
    new walls, new ceiling, always leads to new carpet, new curtains, etc. the fun never ends.

I feel your pain. That's why I haven't painted the inside of my house in 12 years.

Rose Hall

Oh, rose, so true, making curtains will be next, unless I give up and go buy some, just to get it done!

About painting your house, Don't start!!!!! You'll be sorrrrrrry. :lol: :lol:

Just stopped for lunch, a toasted hamburger bun!

Ninnie :D
    Old 05-21-2009, 09:28 AM

Y'all are really making me glad to know that my awesome BIL just renewed his paint contractor's license!! Some years back, when my sister worked in downtown L.A. & took the train to work, he painted the whole downstairs while she was at work...and even had the pictures back up on the walls when she got home!
    I also have a good friend who specializes in remodeling homes. I believe he makes married couples sign a paper that they have been notified that the stress of remodeling can cause divorce!! lol
    Old 05-21-2009, 12:47 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by zyxquilts
    Y'all are really making me glad to know that my awesome BIL just renewed his paint contractor's license!! Some years back, when my sister worked in downtown L.A. & took the train to work, he painted the whole downstairs while she was at work...and even had the pictures back up on the walls when she got home!
    I also have a good friend who specializes in remodeling homes. I believe he makes married couples sign a paper that they have been notified that the stress of remodeling can cause divorce!! lol

DH and I have been through this several times over the years, we have learned to just walk away sometimes. :lol: :lol:

If a couple can live through remodeling, their marriage is pretty strong! You are lucky to have so much help!

Ninnie
    Old 05-21-2009, 07:25 PM
    Power Poster

awww, Ninnie,...I know all about 'remodeling', and although I really sympathize with all that your going thru, I got so tickled, when you said,
    "now, it's no more, honey"... :lol:
    I hope you were able to cheer yourself up with the venting.
    It helps me. As much as I kind of journal on here, sometimes, it better be doing me some good, or I need help! :roll: :lol:
    Old 05-21-2009, 09:33 PM

Our house needed painting we built ten years ago and we decided on color and bought supples decided I would trim in and do base boards while he rolled walls. He started painting and getting paint everywhere I was doing trim and he was raising the roof and growling. He needed new roller that he said needed to be better. I was all to glad to go to the store to get away from the beast he was becoming and I was trying to be the peacemaker and the bigger beast in me was about to come out because of my issues so I leave to go to store and when I come back My Hubby is sitting at dining table reading paper and so relaxed I think what the h-ll is he doing sitting on his butt. All of a sudden a man walks in from the back and says that will be around 1600 for the job Mr Lowery and my husband looks at me and says Great Get To It. I about faint and he says I love you Blondie go get in the car and go shopping for the day and when you get home we can go to sleep tonight and still like each other. What do you think I did?????????
    Old 05-22-2009, 06:31 AM

LOL let me think. .... :roll:
    did you go to the fabric store? Or two or three? :P
    Old 05-22-2009, 06:42 AM
    Power Poster

Update!

First coat of paint is on the walls, finished last night with it, got a late start, DH had to go to Wake>

When we were picking out paint, DH went off to look at power tools and left me to choose, I did have a swatch of the material of the furniture, and I choose a pretty cranberry color that I thought would look good,, after about 30 minutes. DH shows up and says "I don't think we should paint the walls that color, it is too close to the color of the kitchen wall paper and will look like one big red room!". So fine, he could be right, so I keep looking and choose this light brown. Not crazy about it, but DH seems to think it will work! :D

After getting one coat on last night, and cleaning up the brushes and rollers, and finally getting to bed, DH rolls over and says "I hate that color, it doesn't go with the wood trim". :of course it cose with the trim" I says, yawning. "No it doesn't" he says, "and besides it looks like a big chocolate milkshake to me, and I don't like it!" "Well what color do you want", say I in my sweetest voice. :twisted: "I liked the blue that was on there before".Says DH!

So, we are off this evening to choose new paint!

If you guys don't hear from me over the weekend, maybe someone should call 911 on Monday!

Went to do laundry, and had enough Tide for one load.

So think I am going to crawl over furniture and find my sewing room after while, maybe take some food and water with me in case I get stuck there.

Will make a list to take with me this evening of things I need to survive this:
    Chocolate
    potato chips (gottta have that crunchy)
    2 no 3 bottles of GOOD white wine
    any suggestions will be appreciated!

Ninnie

PS: DH brought me a milkshake home last night, seriouslly doubt if I will get anything tonight.

Old 05-22-2009, 06:51 AM

Oh, boy, Ninnie - been there, done that. Good luck this weekend.
    Old 05-22-2009, 06:52 AM

Oh my! Don't you love it when they do things like that?
    Gotta love em! lol

Get your wine, escape to your room and have some fun in there. :)
    Old 05-22-2009, 08:16 AM
    Power Poster

Picture of my prison!

old blue walls with new brown paint YUCK!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]22826[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-22826.jpe