Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • I just need to"Whine" for a little bit and then..... >
  • I just need to"Whine" for a little bit and then.....

• I just need to"Whine" for a little bit and then.....

Old 05-22-2009, 08:42 AM
    Power Poster

Wall and ceiling after painting. Do I leave the brown or repaint?

HELP

Brown wall and white ceiling!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]23542[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-23542.jpe  
    Old 05-22-2009, 12:35 PM
    Power Poster

that is such an improvement. i certainly like it better.
    Old 05-22-2009, 05:33 PM
    Power Poster

you need to make a list of pros and cons.
    course your asking somebody that always has to have an organized way to figure things out...if your a straight from the hip shooter, go with your gut-impulse.
    you sounded ok with color before hubby objected. Now that it is on there, is he still complaining?
    What do you really think?
    Can you physically do it over?
    Money?
    Time?
    Stress?
    Food? clean undies.
    All things to consider.
    Can you live with it another 'x' amount of years?
    What about the moonlight gold you put on the kitchen cabinets?
    Is that a yellowy color, or a gold color? Would it be right for living room?
    What color is your furniture?
    Tired now? I know, you were tired before you read this, lol.
    I think it looks fine, the way it is, and not knowing what was wrong with me, (severely anemic), two weeks ago, oldest daughter and I painted 3 walls of living room. hubby has to fix the other one, then I will finish.
    Point is, I told my daughter, I am just to old for this, I am never going to paint another room again, in my life! I was almost,...almost, relieved for doc to call and say, up that iron! ...what you want to give me more lead in my pants??? my butt is dragging now...
    do you get the weekend off? feel for you. showed my hubby, where your hubby brought you a zagnut bar... I smiled and said, "it's the little things." Let us know how it's going, ninnie. ttfn, c
    Old 05-22-2009, 06:22 PM

I am a blue person. You could sell me almost anything if it is blue, but I just want you to know ... that is the darkest blue I could ever imagine on a wall... and did I see where someone said the cabinets are sunshine yellow? or neon yellow or ???
    Our school colors were blue and gold <shudder>. I couldn't imagine living with them for the rest of my life, but then ... I am NOT the one that has to live there, am I?
    I think the brown looks lighter than the blue. Are you going to have to put a second coat on?
    Aren't making decisions so fun???? LOL
    Old 05-22-2009, 07:12 PM

This reminds me of our kitchen remodel - I went on strike when the new cooktop had been on saw horses for a year!
    Old 05-22-2009, 07:12 PM

This reminds me of our kitchen remodel - I went on strike when the new cooktop had been on saw horses for a year!
    Old 05-22-2009, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Ninnie
    Originally Posted by Mamagus
    I hear ya girl! I have been whining my way through 12 gallons of paint here. Seems like when hubby is home I work like a demon and enjoy it. When I'm by myself I want to go to my "happy place", my sewing room and relax with my friends, the sewing machine and TV!

I hear the whining :lol: :lol: and it is true when DH is here I am a machine, working fast and getting lots done, when he is gone, I procrastinate and day dream about other things mainly quilting! If I could get to my sewing room, I probably would take an hr or two off. Would have to climb over stack of furniture to get to it. Do you think DH did that on purpose? :lol: :lol: 12 gallons huh, bless you my friend!

Ninnie
    Does you sewing cave have a window you could crawl through?
    Old 05-23-2009, 04:20 AM
    Power Poster

Does you sewing cave have a window you could crawl through?[/quote]

I know exactly where your coming from, fire safety.
    I should probably move my cutting station, and free up that window.
    Hubby used to call it a deathtrap all the time, till I mentioned all the stuff in his garage, that you could fall on and cut your body in half.
    It's not that it's not important to me, it is, I guess, i am just not sure, I could physically crawl out, but if I had to, guess I would figure out how, real quick, huh? thanks for making me rethink this. wish it was a door.
    Old 05-23-2009, 05:27 AM
    Power Poster

Hi Ninnie...sorry I'm late to your party. Sounds like you are going "to make it". As for the color of the brown...can't tell without seeing it with a fabric swatch of your new furniture. Remember...you won't be looking at that huge expanse of color..it'll be all broken up with furniture, pictures..etc.

I do feel you pain..we are putting in some new flooring...I ignored the fact that we needed to paint before we did it. I have to go fix the bathroom ceiling this weekend before they do the floor though. DH (health issues)can't help me other than to "supervise"...which is sometimes nice..sometimes not :roll:

Old 05-23-2009, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
    Does you sewing cave have a window you could crawl through?
    QNC said:

I know exactly where your coming from, fire safety.
    I should probably move my cutting station, and free up that window.
    Hubby used to call it a deathtrap all the time, till I mentioned all the stuff in his garage, that you could fall on and cut your body in half.
    It's not that it's not important to me, it is, I guess, i am just not sure, I could physically crawl out, but if I had to, guess I would figure out how, real quick, huh? thanks for making me rethink this. wish it was a door.[/quote]

This time I don't think you were aiming for funny, QNC, but you made me laugh :lol: What I meant, QNC AND Ninnie, is do you have a window you can crawl through to get INTO your sewing cave since you can't get there from INSIDE the house? LOL :lol: