Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • I just need to"Whine" for a little bit and then..... >
  • I just need to"Whine" for a little bit and then.....

• I just need to"Whine" for a little bit and then.....

Old 05-23-2009, 06:27 AM
    Power Poster

Update!

DH came home and said "Go get a bath and I'll take you out to Dinnier"

I was sitting in the floor in an old nightgown, covered with paint, didn't want you to think he had to tell me when to get a bath! :lol: :lol:

So dinner it was, and nice to just sit and talk. Decided to keep the brown until I am through with the room, the furniture has that color in it. And then if he still doesn't like it, we can paint!

Went to Hobby Lobby and bought some material :D :D :D and on to the grocery store, now have food in the house!

So all I have to do this weekend is:
    Put 2 more coats of paint on walls!
    Treat the wood trim
    Clean windows
    clean fireplace brick and insert!
    Shampoo carpet

And them We'll be ready to pick up furniture Monday. NOT! It's a Holiday!, so shooting for Tuesday :D

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, just hope it isn't attached to a train! :lol: :lol:

PS: It was a lot easier to put away groceries with no doors on cabinets! :D

DH still loves me, All's right with the world, or as good as it gets at this house!

Ninnie
    Old 05-23-2009, 06:30 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by omak
    I am a blue person. You could sell me almost anything if it is blue, but I just want you to know ... that is the darkest blue I could ever imagine on a wall... and did I see where someone said the cabinets are sunshine yellow? or neon yellow or ???
    Our school colors were blue and gold <shudder>. I couldn't imagine living with them for the rest of my life, but then ... I am NOT the one that has to live there, am I?
    I think the brown looks lighter than the blue. Are you going to have to put a second coat on?
    Aren't making decisions so fun???? LOL
    omak, the blue isn't really that dark and it is a huge room. The cabinets will be moonlight gold, but really a cream color. I love blue too and had too much of it in house. I also am a blue person! :D
    Old 05-23-2009, 06:36 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by JoanneS
    This reminds me of our kitchen remodel - I went on strike when the new cooktop had been on saw horses for a year!

Ok 1. I have to know why :lol: :lol: :lol: and 2. please tell me you have a picture!

My buddy QC, I took to heart your list and believe it or not, it helped me decide to keep the brown! So thanks :wink: :wink:

Mpgirl and Tirnhi, thanks for the sympathy. Defiantly needed.

Thank you Texas. I think it looks better too! :D

Yes sewing room does have windows, and if I could have gotten to it yesterday, I would probably still be there!

sandpat, glad you can make it! That is exactly what I told DH, and it worked! What great minds we have!

Ninnie

:wink:
    Old 05-23-2009, 10:49 AM

[quote=Ninnie]
    This reminds me of our kitchen remodel - I went on strike when the new cooktop had been on saw horses for a year!

Ok 1. I have to know why :lol: :lol: :lol: and 2. please tell me you have a picture!
    Ninnie

My DH is famous for getting a project 2/3 done and moving on to something else. The sawhorses were invisible to him :cry: :evil: If I have a picture, I have no idea where it is - that was 30 years ago, and we've replaced that cooktop. DH became the chef when he retired and asked if I minded if he cooked. No turning back from that :wink: :wink:

Old 05-23-2009, 12:47 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
    Does you sewing cave have a window you could crawl through?
    QNC said:

I know exactly where your coming from, fire safety.
    I should probably move my cutting station, and free up that window.
    Hubby used to call it a deathtrap all the time, till I mentioned all the stuff in his garage, that you could fall on and cut your body in half.
    It's not that it's not important to me, it is, I guess, i am just not sure, I could physically crawl out, but if I had to, guess I would figure out how, real quick, huh? thanks for making me rethink this. wish it was a door.
    This time I don't think you were aiming for funny, QNC, but you made me laugh :lol: What I meant, QNC AND Ninnie, is do you have a window you can crawl through to get INTO your sewing cave since you can't get there from INSIDE the house? LOL :lol: [/quote]

actually...and your welcome,...for the laugh :D ...my living room has been put back together, so I don't have any trouble getting into cave. You know your permanently attached to my windows, now, right? :lol:
    That is the way my mind works :wink:
    hubby SAYS, he is going to fix the fourth wall of living room, next weekend, so I can finish painting, then I can get on with decorating. He is a starter, and leave it, and it becomes invisible too. I either finish myself, or have to 'itch and moan'...and i usually give it a month to six weeks, before I do that. Go along to get along :roll:
    Just too tired to do much, even sewing. I'm not gonna let my living room, go on hold, like some other projects, so, come next weekend, I'll try the sweet approach...and if that don't work...the straight forward...then, the ok, i'll just find somebody in the yellow pages...yeah, right, what would I pay them with...and then???? y'all hold your ears....last resort....hubby usually responds to a good lecture, to get it to stop! I don't do that very often, but, I got one, that occasionally you have to make him mad, to get him moving. It's bc, he already feels guilty, and doesn't want to hear the truth. Do I know this man? yup.
    here's hoping, 1 or 2, do it, and I don't have to bring out the big guns :mrgreen:
    Old 05-23-2009, 03:39 PM
    Power Poster

Ninnie, I'm glad you are just going to move forward. You might be surprized....when I redecorated and painted DH's den (before we were married..did you really think I would move into an UGLY house???), I was halfway through and he said..."You think that color will look even remotely good????? No way...I hate it! "...I said..."tell ya' what...I finish, let it dry..put stuff back and if you don't like it...I'll repaint and not say a word about it"...He loved it and so I married him. :lol:
    Old 05-23-2009, 04:26 PM

PS: It was a lot easier to put away groceries with no doors on cabinets!

Interesting ... I guess I needed to get the "quote" thingys, eh?
    I used to take the doors off every cabinet in every kitchen in every house I lived in for the first fifteen years of doing my own kitchens/housekeeping.
    When hubby decided it was time for us to actually BUY a house, he REFUSED to let me take the doors off the cabinets.
    I tell you that just to let you know that I was glad to know that I am not the only woman in the world who figures out that cabinet doors get in the way <g>.

Old 05-23-2009, 04:40 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat
    Ninnie, I'm glad you are just going to move forward. You might be surprized....when I redecorated and painted DH's den (before we were married..did you really think I would move into an UGLY house???), I was halfway through and he said..."You think that color will look even remotely good????? No way...I hate it! "...I said..."tell ya' what...I finish, let it dry..put stuff back and if you don't like it...I'll repaint and not say a word about it"...He loved it and so I married him. :lol:

We live in a small country community. When I married "DH, all the house around here had white walls and still do. If someone wanted to get "crazy", they might go for eggshell or ecru! :lol: :lol: When I started painting walls bold colors it was the talk of the community! :D :D

DH was blown away that I would use so much color, that was 21 years ago, and now he loves color on walls!

A girl's gotto do what a girl's gotto do! Glad to see the jpaint worked alright for you! :D

Ninnie
    Old 05-23-2009, 04:43 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by omak
    PS: It was a lot easier to put away groceries with no doors on cabinets!

Interesting ... I guess I needed to get the "quote" thingys, eh?
    I used to take the doors off every cabinet in every kitchen in every house I lived in for the first fifteen years of doing my own kitchens/housekeeping.
    When hubby decided it was time for us to actually BUY a house, he REFUSED to let me take the doors off the cabinets.
    I tell you that just to let you know that I was glad to know that I am not the only woman in the world who figures out that cabinet doors get in the way <g>.
    I am only 5' 1" and I hate kitchen cabinets. If I ever build another house, I will just have a large pantry with open shelves, and no cabinets! :D

It was a lot faster to put away groceries, still had to use my ladder though.So many of them are not useable for me.

Ninnie

Old 05-23-2009, 05:27 PM
    Power Poster

well, girls, I am 5'2 and I do have a pantry, and i can tell you, it is all you ever dreamed of.
    maybe not that great, lol, but it sure as heck beats having to fight with cabinets to get groceries in and out.
    Of course I have cabinets, but they are stocked with things, I don't have to fight with to get, and I have one of those long handled reacher thingies, for short ppl. works great for groping :wink: