Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • I love Cooper, I love Cooper, I love Cooper. . . >
  • I love Cooper, I love Cooper, I love Cooper. . .

• I love Cooper, I love Cooper, I love Cooper. . .

Old 01-24-2012, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by char634w
    lol, mine did it too!!! Thanks for the reminder. Mine did it to every stuffed toy we gave them, then we quit and it stopped but they never destroyed any pillows or anything other than toys. I feel bad that they don't get toys but they also tend to eat up the stuffing so we can't take the chance. The only toy they can't destroy is a Kong and they love those.
    I got really tired of always having stuffing everywhere. Taffy is a real toyminator of the first degree. She has a black belt in toy destruction. So I took some old white washcloths (I have a thing about only using white ones on my face), washed them, dried without using dryer sheets, and cut them into quarters. Then I made some long tube shapes ....most dog owners know what a bobo is....and stuff then with the washcloths and some squeekers. I used flannel for the tubes. All the dogs had a good time tearing into them. I had used a duck material for the inside tube, flannel on the outside. Taffy enjoyed chewing it it bits, but did not chew the washclothes. They were a lot easier to just pick up and drop in a plastic bag. Now that all the toys have been destroyed, I will put the pieces in a hosiery bag, rewash, and make some new ones for them. No more fuzz everywhere. And a whole lot cheaper than a toy that lasts about 5 minutes.

We did buy Kongs....the ones for ROTTS....gave one to Taffy, and the very next day returned a bag full of pieces to the store. They just shook their heads.
    Old 01-24-2012, 09:09 PM

But Moooommmm...it looked just like a big stuffie!

Awww, good for you for not getting too mad. He is adorable!
    Old 01-24-2012, 09:18 PM
    Dee

Yes we love our fur babies. We rescued a doxie and potty training is not on her mind. But we love our Crissy. She is so sweet and has those big round eyes. What can one do? Clean up and wait for a better day.
    Old 01-24-2012, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Dee
    Yes we love our fur babies. We rescued a doxie and potty training is not on her mind. But we love our Crissy. She is so sweet and has those big round eyes. What can one do? Clean up and wait for a better day.
    Yep, that's all you can do!!! When rescueing, you are making a committment to these animals that you should be willing to stand behind. Most rescues have issues due to their life prior to the adoption. You just grin and bear it, shower them with love and understanding and they will give you nothing but pure love and adoration in return!
    Old 01-24-2012, 10:47 PM

My rescue dogs have been much more appreciative of any affection or anything done for them - even regular meals - than my 'princesses' raised from puppies, though after 5 years here Lily, the Siberian mix, is developing more of a 'princess' attitude.

I'm glad you are taking a obedience class with Cooper. The bond formed between you and the dog in order to do well in class is invaluable.
    Old 01-24-2012, 11:19 PM

We had a coon hound/border collie we adopted. We kept her in the laundryroom while we went to work....Day 1-came home to find out she got into the trash. What were we thinking?! That was our fault for not removing it.....Day 2-came home to find my tennis shoes were chewed up. Again my fault for not thinking!...Day 3-she got on top of the counter & tried to chew her way out of the screen & scratched up both doors....Day 4-removed the screen & everything but food, water & chew toys. We came home to find she tore the vinyl flooring off the floor around the heat register. Evidently she did not like being confined! So the next day I told my husband we would let her have the run of the house with our cats & either we would have a destroyed house when we got home or she would be OK. She was perfect. She just wanted company & not a feeling of confinement. After that, she never chewed up anything that wasn't one of her toys.
    We loved that dog..she was always busy. She would carry all the dog & cat toys, shoes, full bowls of dog food & her water dish (with water) into the livingroom (without spilling either food or water) & make a big pile. Each time she would give you a look like 'Is this OK, I'm woking here!!). She was crazy fun!
    Old 01-25-2012, 10:38 AM

Sorry, I couldn't see your picture. :-(
    Old 01-25-2012, 11:02 AM

Ohhhh Cooper is so handsom. I can see we why you love him. Sorry about your pillow.
    Old 01-25-2012, 12:57 PM

I showed this picture to my husband, and he commented, "Why, that's what ours looked like." About three days ago the same thing happened to us, only ours is I love Cody, I love Cody, I love Cody, who is our 9 year old Sheltie. Frank added, "Tell her, Been there, Done that." I had him put the stuffing into bags and I could use them to stuff something.
    Old 01-25-2012, 04:55 PM

Look at that face! How could any one stay mad at that grin? He is just testing the waters.