I need a million dollars

Old 09-15-2011, 12:38 PM

I was going to open a needs basis child day care, with my first million. How about I put a childcare area in you quilt shop, then mothers could shop to the hearts content..
Old 09-15-2011, 12:39 PM

Well shoot...that is easy to get...just post an ad on craigslist and ask 100 million people to be kind enough to each send you just $1....you will have the money in no time..I would think that giving just $1 wouldn't place a hardship on most anyone...*LOL* Tell the senders their name will go on the "wall of thanks" Maybe contact Marie Osmond. She is a quilter. Maybe she could get some of her rich friends to donate to you to help you fulfill your dream..Good luck..it's fun to dream isn't it? crafty_linda_b
Old 09-15-2011, 12:41 PM
Power Poster

If you have a million you won't need to open a shop you can just quilt day and night. Woohoo!
Old 09-15-2011, 12:53 PM

Maria-
I dreamed a dream!
you know we have to hold on to our dreams, some times they give us hope and inspiration when there is none anywhere else,
I wish you luck, since I have no clue where different sections of NY are, ill just be content to stay here in ohio, but would love to come visit for a couple months, like in the song if i were a rich man, it would have one long staircase just going up, and one even longer coming down.....
good luck,
katz
Old 09-15-2011, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
If you have a million you won't need to open a shop you can just quilt day and night. Woohoo!
Wow! You ladies have come with some wonderful ideas. I will have to add the childcare area and the tea/coffee corner.

I think if I have a million, I would still not be able to just day in and day out. Now a days 1 million is really not a hole lot of money, since by the time I get a house, make sure my family is well taken care of and secure a future, there wouldn't be much left. The idea of the shop not only would give me the opportunity to be around by people who like the same I do, I would have m hands in fabrics all day and would be in the kind of environment I love. I would be talking every day with different persons with different stories and really enjoying what I am doing. I am sure that I may not be finishing many quilts, at least at the beginning, for just the idea to visualize such a large space filled with happy people being creative, makes me happy.

I even have the grand opening pictured in my head. I would go for a reception at the store with everyone nicely dressed, kind of "red carpet" style, but the people coming to it would not just be the big names in the industry, but customers. Something in the order of send for your tickets and come for a special night of cocktails, conversation and of course, shopping.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:41 PM

Sign me up! (My being broke isn't a problem for you, right????) :lol:
Old 09-15-2011, 09:08 PM

howabout asking everyone on the board to donate $5 for the shop and then give them a &5 credit when it gets up and running?
Old 09-16-2011, 08:20 AM

I've wanted to open a fabric shop for a long time now. It will never happen, but I can dream.