Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • I "should" be cleaning.............. >
  • I "should" be cleaning..............

• I "should" be cleaning..............

Old 12-26-2011, 03:34 PM

I actually did get a lot of cleaning done today..mostly because I have been busy at work and last minute sewing and even I could not stand it any longer! Also I am going on a mini vacation and leaving dh home alone, feeling guilty! So I will come home to a clean house.
    Old 12-26-2011, 03:52 PM

I'm glad I'm not alone I feel so quilty for all the undone things today but my energy is shot. DH and myself more him he put together my new Ott light, the carpet cleaner I bought, and he made supper well warmed it up but just the same I didn't care. I did some towels and undies and picked up after DH all the pkging but that's ok. Then a friend called for a little while so it feels like a lost day but probably well needed. I've just gotten diagnosed with hypothyroid so maybe that's not helping much. I hope the New Year coming up will be better than this yr. I also didn't get DH quilt done but I wrapped it up and told him how it would look finished and he said no problem I guess he knows I'm dead. Plus he just retired and my schedule is all gone. Will have to start fresh I think he thinks things just happen I don't do them I'm hoping to share the housework maybe will him. Tomorrow maybe we will all do tons of sewing. Sue
    Old 12-26-2011, 03:57 PM
    Power Poster

Went shopping today to try to get some after Christmas deals. Did get my new tree for next year. Went to Joann's and Hancock and only bought a package of needles. How sad is that? Maybe I was being lazy also.
    Old 12-27-2011, 08:15 AM

I just wish I had the extra energy to actually do something creative. I've been plugging away at some alterations for my daughter, but I have to stop to get her to try stuff on. Don't know when that will happen. Hate to start something else till I get rid of these!
    Old 12-27-2011, 08:17 AM

With the hub bub of Christmas I have not had time to sit and ponder through the topics. Have been spending time doing that and it feels good to go slowly and enjoy everyone's threads. I find it like my book club. I read books I would never choose and often enjoy them. I find thread topics that I think will be of no interest to me, but when I open it, surprise!
    Old 12-28-2011, 04:52 AM

Nope - I only get bored with the cleaning...lol
    Old 12-28-2011, 05:11 AM
    Swap Hosts

Absolutely, Louise. I have a million things I "should" be doing, but am not. And then feeling bored, my husband and I decided we'd go out to a bookstore last night. Then the phone rang and it was an alert about dangerous winds, warning that it was best not to go out if you didn't have to. Well. today will be different. I am having sewing withdrawal.
    Old 12-28-2011, 05:22 AM

I never get bored. Always to many things to do. This is the time of year I do my spring cleaning. We cleaned our bedroom and the fabric room. We remoleded Olivia's room so it's good. Yesterday we cleaned the great room. I told DH I had to sew today. Cleaning will resume on Monday. Maybe a day and a half to go.
    Old 12-28-2011, 05:56 AM

Not only does my sewing room need cleaned and reorganized, but my whole house needs cleaned and reoraganized..and I have to work this afternoon...but here I sit catching up with all of you drinking coffee..lol
    Old 12-28-2011, 07:43 AM

I'm getting new flooring in a couple of weeks, so I have been "forced" to clean and unclutter our entire house! Lots of trips up and down stairs to stash things in the basement for the interim.

Since I had a hip replacement 6 months ago, that is a lot of exercise, so it's clean a little, rest a little...