Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • I "should" be cleaning.............. >
  • I "should" be cleaning..............

• I "should" be cleaning..............

Old 12-28-2011, 07:44 AM

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

I am trying to clean and reorganize my sewing room also. I just bought a bookcase (that's all I could find around here) to try to put all my extra fabric on. The directions are crazy hard. It is going to take me all day to put the dang thing together and I don't know if I should clean my sewing room first and then put it together or visa versa. And then there's my whole house that needs cleaned. If I get on the computer, my day is shot. I sit so long at the computer that the next thing I know, it's afternoon and nothing's been done. I've been doing this too much. Every morning I read this site. I can spend a lot of time here. It's so much fun, but nothing gets done. I need to have my husband put a password on the computer so I can't even get on it. Maybe then I'd do something, like cleaning or sewing.
    Old 12-29-2011, 02:19 PM

Got the apartment finally cleaned and everything put back into it's place in the quilt room, since we got back from a 8 month stay in Ohio-we live in Tennessee-we spent 8 months with Grandson-9-and son in law for a few months-we would have stayed longer but our daughter passed away November 1st-now I'm going to start the Tokyo Subway Map Quilt I was going to do with her and our Grandson during the winter there. Hope everyone gets their lives back on track before the New Year-Enjoy Quilting, Life is Short not doing it, housework can always wait.
    Old 12-29-2011, 02:52 PM

Oh if only I could do it later. I work full time and it is Year End. My daughter just closed on her house and we are trying to move her out of my house and into her own. She has been with me for the last 6 years helping with my husband who was ill. He has passed and time for her to be back on her own. Do not know what I would have done without her. Now at least I will have my sewing room back. I have been sewing in my bedroom.
    Can any one spare a day off for me?
    Old 12-29-2011, 03:28 PM

Not bored but not cleaning either. I had my 9 yr old DGS today and we went to lunch and a movie. He's spending the night so no time to be bored now either. I would love to get to the sewing room.
    Old 12-30-2011, 01:48 PM

I try not to load myself down with SHOULDS. They are detrimental to my mental health and can only add unneeded stress to our lives.
    I am blessed in that I really don't have to deal with being bored much. If I am unable to be working on my quilts, I am always happy to grab a book and read, take a nap or play some mind-exercising online games. With fibro, one needs to keep those brain waves kicking. They are hard enough to keep awake as it is. lol. With the chronic fatigue, there is always a nap waiting to grab you if you let your guard down. I do try to keep those at a minimum during the day tho, unless I really need one.
    Nope, no shoulds hanging over my head. In 5 years, no one will remember if I cleaned the kitchen today, tomorrow or next week.
    Old 12-30-2011, 08:41 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Ugh, I hate cleaning... I 'hired' help to take down and put away xmas decoration... 6 hrs later WE still arent done... and nope, no dilley dallying went on.. just lots to take down and wrap up for next year..

Take the day off. and enjoy.. Life is too shorty anyhow..