If some gave you

Old 12-07-2010, 07:32 AM

Saying THANK YOU is basic manners. It should always be said. I gave things to Freecycle a lot. I always tried to be there when things were picked up . I met some really nice people that way. And sometimes they went home with stuff they weren't expecting. Like just before I left GA I got rid of a bunch of patterns and the man who picked up for his wife happened to mention she was teaching their daughter to sew. He went home with a Singer 185J . I didn't have to move it and it was going to be used.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:39 PM

see coment below
Old 12-07-2010, 12:45 PM

I know that a thank you would be nice , but God honors your heart. Never quit giving because someone doesn't thank you. I always say some may never say thank you ,but their will be some who thank you more then once and that makes up for it. You will recieve many of blessing if you give without getting anything in return. Look how many time God gave and never was thanked. You did the right thing. Remember she still has time to thank you.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by rosalia856
I know that a thank you would be nice , but God honors your heart. Never quit giving because someone doesn't thank you. I always say some may never say thank you ,but their will be some who thank you more then once and that makes up for it. You will recieve many of blessing if you give without getting anything in return. Look how many time God gave and never was thanked. You did the right thing. Remember she still has time to thank you.
Amen to this. Just keep doing what is right in your own heart and let the Lord deal with the others.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:24 PM

Glad to hear you would do it again. If you do things because you want to, and not to get 'thanks', you won't be disappointed. Some people have a hard time saying 'thanks' - even if they feel it.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Ofcourse I would! But some people just don't know how too. It was awefully nice of you to help her out and if you never hear from her again just know that you did the right thing. Bless you!!
Old 12-07-2010, 05:57 PM

She may be so embarrassed, she doesn't know how ot say thank you. But there is another star in your crown anyway.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:05 PM

I got one "Thanks" many years ago and still think fondly of that lady.
I was a young mother with a rapidly growing little boy, and I was in a public washing machine place. It was winter and I'd just dried 3 pairs of flannel lined pants and jackets my little boy had outgrown, and on a whim I asked the woman next to me if she wanted them. Her little boy was smaller than mine and could have used them, since mine had outgrown them much faster than worn them out. She got snippy and informed me that she never put USED clothes on HER son. All of us present there watched her leave with her nose in the air, to her banged up car with the gas cap missing..that part I'll always remember. It had a piece of material stuck in it to keep the gas clean!!!
One well mannered young black mother remarked hopefully that she would put good used clothes on HER kid every chance she got, so she got them and more besides. She was very grateful, her DH was overseas at the time and military pay is not that good. Some things just stay in your mind and this cheerful young mother and son were what her husband was fighting for. I forgot her name but I hope that her sweetie came home safe.
(I could see the base sticker on her car when she loaded up her laundry and children so knew she was a military dependent.)
Old 12-07-2010, 06:13 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
I got one "Thanks" many years ago and still think fondly of that lady.
I was a young mother with a rapidly growing little boy, and I was in a public washing machine place. It was winter and I'd just dried 3 pairs of flannel lined pants and jackets my little boy had outgrown, and on a whim I asked the woman next to me if she wanted them. Her little boy was smaller than mine and could have used them, since mine had outgrown them much faster than worn them out. She got snippy and informed me that she never put USED clothes on HER son. All of us present there watched her leave with her nose in the air, to her banged up car with the gas cap missing..that part I'll always remember. It had a piece of material stuck in it to keep the gas clean!!!
One well mannered young black mother remarked hopefully that she would put good used clothes on HER kid every chance she got, so she got them and more besides. She was very grateful, her DH was overseas at the time and military pay is not that good. Some things just stay in your mind and this cheerful young mother and son were what her husband was fighting for. I forgot her name but I hope that her sweetie came home safe.
(I could see the base sticker on her car when she loaded up her laundry and children so knew she was a military dependent.)
Sounds like the clothes went to the "right" family.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:57 PM

I know how you feel...I recently made a quilt for my nephew when he graduated college. He asked me to make it in his school colors and make it warm, so I made a beautiful star quilt for him backed it with Minkee. Since he had recently become engaged (I've never met the fiancee) I made a log cabin quilt for her, also in their school colors, and backed with Minkee. I put labels on the backs of the quilts expressing my love and pride for him, and welcoming her into the family. The quilts were a good size, and took a lot of time, not to mention the cost of the Minkee on the back. Well, I didn't hear anything from them for 2 months, so I called my sister. She apparently "spoke" to her son about not thanking me, so he finally called and thanked me. We had a nice conversation and he appeared appreciative. However, I never heard a word from the fiancee. I have to say I was very disappointed. I put an awful lot of work into those quilts and although we quilters don't make gifts with the intent of getting thanks, it is nice to be thanked. I also made 2 quilts for 2 twin nieces who graduated high school in June. I made the quilts from fabrics they selected on a shopping trip with me to a LQS. I did receive thank-you cards from them, but they were commercial cards and the girls simply signed their names only, no message. I feel crabby complaining since many kids won't even do that much, but come on...I spent hours and hours and $$$ and all they can do is sign a name? Sorry to complain but it does hurt my feelings and I'll bet I'm not the only quilter out there.