If some gave you

Old 12-07-2010, 09:08 PM
Power Poster

Aw, you did such a nice thing. She really should have Thanked you!
Old 12-07-2010, 11:05 PM

How many times do we hear or read about "scams", this could be one if you read about her asking all the time for 'free' items. We have been fortunate to be taught to acknowledge a gift, but do not expect one should you give freely. Crazy, yes, but very sad....you gave with your heart, and one day your giving will be returned to you in some way. God loves those who give, and ask nothing in return, He will take care of you. I thank you for wanting to take the time to help this person, do not feel anger, it only makes you feel sad, "we" here on the board thank you.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:27 PM

I'll tell you thank you. Thank you so much for using freecycle and providing folks with goods. It's very thoughtful to help out strangers. I suppose every once in a while someone will take advantage of your generosity. Just try to remember all the kind folks who took a second to say thanks.

I rarely hear a thank you so I can relate. :0)
Old 12-08-2010, 02:07 AM

I know exactly what you mean, this has often happened to me over the years, when I have sent money and presents to family members and friends on birthdays, wedding, christenings and Christmas, not even a word of thanks in return, we are human and it is in our nature to be hurt when we do nice things for people and they don't even say thanks. I put it down to ignorance and bad manners on their part. Having said that there are many people who are very grateful for even the smallest gift, so we must keep giving, it's what God wants us to do, and He will make sure we get back ten fold.

It was a lovely thing you did, you will be blessed in other ways. God Bless !
Old 12-08-2010, 02:58 AM

Try to look at it as a gift to yourself.You've received the gift of giving with a happy heart.We can't change other ppl, but we can accept the gifts we give ourselves.You did good!

Originally Posted by Olivia's Grammy
5 bags of sewing/craft related items, would you not take a minute to say thank you.
I answered an request on Freecycle for fabric scraps for a lady that had no money and wanted to make Christmas gifts. I did not do this expecting her to gush, but a simple email saying I got the "stuff" and appreciate it would have been enough. I spent a couple of hours going through my velvet/velveteen fabrics, Christmas fabrics, there were some large pieces there too. Now I'm not talking about crumbs or string pieces. Plus a large bag of lace, patterns, trims, Christmas panels. Am I wrong to want to be acknowledged? Would I do it again? In a heartbeat.
Old 12-08-2010, 03:00 AM

I would have been thankful and sent a note or at least a PM.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:54 AM

Thank you everyone for making me know that I did the right thing. Your comments have, as always, meant alot to me.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:18 AM

Yes, she should have said thank you. I have no idea why it seems so many people are ungrateful. I've had similar experiences, and it makes me not want to help out people.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:12 AM

I'm sorry you had no response to your generosity. I had someone give me trash bags full of their scraps. I took her out to breakfast later, we became friends and she helped me begin my quilting journey.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:13 AM

I woud have been a little hurt also, and like you, would do it again in a heartbeat. Let me thank you for her, it was a generous and thoughtful thing to do in her time of need.
Thank you, thank you, from someone who hopes to never be in that position