If you won the lottery

Old 04-23-2011, 04:02 PM

If I won the lottery this is what I would do.

I would pay off all my bills first and foremost.
I would pay off all my kids bills.
I would buy each of my kids a home of their own.
I would buy my kids each a "newer" car then what they have now.
I would donate money to my church. And I would donate to private charities. And to ST. Judes. And probably some other Charities. I would also donate to the elderly people that live here in my town that need help. My sewing group is held at the senior dining hall and I have recently found out that there are several of the elderly that do not have stoves NOR electricity. I was so heart broken. And many of them seriously do not have any food. So I would help these people out BEFORE I bought all these "earthly" things.

I would buy a 1967 Red with black interior putt putt car (VW bug always been my dream car)

I would move my husband and I into a retirement community. Our place would have to have at least 3 bedrooms. BIG BIG bedrooms. One for us to sleep in, one for his den and the third one which has to be the biggest room of all for my sewing room. I would custom build shelving and a design wall and storage and I would get one of those big quilting machines.

Then I would go to a LQS and ask them if I could buy all the fabric and at least one of each tool, ruler, cutter etc. etc. in their store for the price marked. Take it all home and put it away and that way if I want to sew in the middle of the night all I have to do is go to "my store" and pick out what fabric I want to use. You see by me buying everything in the LQS, they can buy all new fabric of all the new prints that are out. AND I would be helping the ECONOMY.

I would also buy my one daughter a Quilting Machine too. I KNOW for fact that she would get alot of use out of it.

I am a dreamer. But if your going to dream....dream big!!!
Old 04-23-2011, 04:49 PM

DH and I have discussed and have decided if we are ever bless to win the 'big one" that we will get the DDs together his and mine and collect together. Each of us would get 1/5. That way they will not have to pay inheritance tax on so much and we would have plenty for our purposes.

I know I want to give some to the church and would likely look at another house without stairs to grow old in.
Old 04-23-2011, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by greenini
First I'd have to buy a ticket :-) :lol:
LOL that might help huh? ! but nothing wrong with daydreaming! :-D
Old 04-23-2011, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Airwick156
If I won the lottery this is what I would do.

I would pay off all my bills first and foremost.
I would pay off all my kids bills.
I would buy each of my kids a home of their own.
I would buy my kids each a "newer" car then what they have now.
I would donate money to my church. And I would donate to private charities. And to ST. Judes. And probably some other Charities. I would also donate to the elderly people that live here in my town that need help. My sewing group is held at the senior dining hall and I have recently found out that there are several of the elderly that do not have stoves NOR electricity. I was so heart broken. And many of them seriously do not have any food. So I would help these people out BEFORE I bought all these "earthly" things.

I would buy a 1967 Red with black interior putt putt car (VW bug always been my dream car)

I would move my husband and I into a retirement community. Our place would have to have at least 3 bedrooms. BIG BIG bedrooms. One for us to sleep in, one for his den and the third one which has to be the biggest room of all for my sewing room. I would custom build shelving and a design wall and storage and I would get one of those big quilting machines.

Then I would go to a LQS and ask them if I could buy all the fabric and at least one of each tool, ruler, cutter etc. etc. in their store for the price marked. Take it all home and put it away and that way if I want to sew in the middle of the night all I have to do is go to "my store" and pick out what fabric I want to use. You see by me buying everything in the LQS, they can buy all new fabric of all the new prints that are out. AND I would be helping the ECONOMY.

I would also buy my one daughter a Quilting Machine too. I KNOW for fact that she would get alot of use out of it.

I am a dreamer. But if your going to dream....dream big!!!
Oh that breaks my heart! our elderly are the most valuable citizens our communities have!

And I agree, if your going to dream dream big!!
Old 04-23-2011, 05:44 PM

A mobile home for my son who is disabled and lives with us. It is his dream to have his own place, and we have the land already with water and sewer adjoining us.
Old 04-23-2011, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Janetlmt
Then I would set my best friend up in a very nice home built for a handicaped person. I would pay the medical bills for some of the uninsured breast cancer patients at the cancer center.
What a true and generous friend!
Old 04-23-2011, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Vicki W
DH and I have discussed and have decided if we are ever bless to win the 'big one" that we will get the DDs together his and mine and collect together. Each of us would get 1/5.
WOW! Your family must be very close, and it sure sounds like the two most loving parents!
Old 04-23-2011, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by gollytwo
I'd pay off my son's mortgage, get him a new SUV and myself a new car. And then I would enclose my front porch so I could quilt outdoors in the warm weather.
Yea! With a tall pitcher of freshly squeezed lemonade, or perhaps some ice cold water with slices of cucumber. yummy!
Old 04-23-2011, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by sall
Probably die with the shock and not be able to enjoy it. Never mind the kids would soon get to enjoy it.
LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: This one really got me giggling! that would probably be me too! LOL
Old 04-23-2011, 06:02 PM

I love all these ideas! It sure looks like we all love our children very much! As of right now I think the first thing I would do is buy a big pick-up. I have always wanted a truck and haven't ever been able to afford one.