I'll get it done...soon

Old 04-12-2010, 08:15 AM

there is nothing more to say gwyn just know you and your family are held by one huge HUG
Old 04-14-2010, 06:39 AM

Hugs, to you Gwyn, I'm a little behind on this as I was gone for a few days, so just found out about Randy's passing....I hope everyone heeds your advise about their wishes...
Thinking of you and your family, Nancy
Old 04-14-2010, 01:19 PM
Power Poster

I am so sorry to hear it. My thoughts are with you.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:16 PM

Gwen:

I am so sorry for your lost. I know we cannot take you pain, but we all wish that we could. Please know you are in our thoughts and prayers as you greive.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:41 PM

I haven't had the chance to meet you yet, being a newbie, but I will be adding Randy to my prayer list. Hang in there and I hope all works out for you!
~Bj~
Old 04-18-2010, 08:59 PM

Gwyn, I don't usually read these posts, but I'm so glad I finally did. I'm so sorry to hear about your DH Randy's passing. No words can express my sorrow! You and your family will be in my prayers! Dennise
Old 04-19-2010, 03:30 PM

Thank you to all of you for all the love and support you havae given to me during these past weeks. I think the only thing harder to live through would be losing a child. Your prayers, long distance hugs and warm thoughts have been my stronghold.

I am amazed this has not shaken my faith. I don't feel angry, or really sad, just lonely and lost. I find myself watching too much TV and getting almost nothing done. I am glad I don't have to also finish this semester in college.

God has been absolutely wonderful through all of this. He has let me crawl into is lap like I would have as a very little girl with her daddy. He rocks me, holds me, and whispers loving words into my ear. He never promised it would be fair, or easy. He just said it would be worth it.

Thanks again for being there for me. Love and hugs to all of you, Gwyn
Old 04-19-2010, 03:48 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by Gwyn
Thank you to all of you for all the love and support you havae given to me during these past weeks. I think the only thing harder to live through would be losing a child. Your prayers, long distance hugs and warm thoughts have been my stronghold.

I am amazed this has not shaken my faith. I don't feel angry, or really sad, just lonely and lost. I find myself watching too much TV and getting almost nothing done. I am glad I don't have to also finish this semester in college.

God has been absolutely wonderful through all of this. He has let me crawl into is lap like I would have as a very little girl with her daddy. He rocks me, holds me, and whispers loving words into my ear. He never promised it would be fair, or easy. He just said it would be worth it.

Thanks for taking the time to let us know how you are doing, Gwyn. Keep resting in God's lap. He knows what you need, and he sees every tear. Everything went so fast, you didn't have time to prepare or ease into it. It's kind of like getting hit with a bolt of lightening and you will need time to rest and heal. Just know your quilting family is here when you need us with lots of hugs and understanding. You are an amazing lady.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Gwyn

Gwyn, So glad to hear from you. It is wonderful that your faith is seeing you through. Don't worry about not getting much done, just getting up is a step in the right direction.

Your imagery of climbing into God's lap like one would do with ones earthly daddy is wonderful and one I will carry with me to remember in times of distress, thank you so much for that gift.

The lonely and lost feeling is perfectly understandable. You have lost someone whose life was very intertwined with yours for many years. Be kind to yourself and don't expect to much too soon from yourself. Just one minute, one hour, one day at a time and you will regain the strength to go on with the wonderful memories of your beloved Randy and God walking right along beside you.

God Bless and {{{{HUGS}}}}
Old 04-20-2010, 09:45 AM
Power Poster

I do hope you can stay busy, if you want to watch alot of TV, so what? You need to start making a new life for yourself and you need to try out several different ways to find one that works for you. Take good care of yourself and check in every so often so we will know how you are doing.
Hugs and more hugs.