I'll get it done...soon

Old 04-20-2010, 10:01 AM

I went through a period where I spent days watching movies. If that is all you feel like doing, then do it. As I said in my earlier post, there is no right or wrong way to get through these difficult days.

*hugs*
Old 04-20-2010, 10:40 AM

Watch movies! That will help... comedies are great... watch some tv shows too... if you can get them, watch some old tv shows... I used to watch Bewitched, I dream of Jeanie, Taxi, Mary Tyler Moore, and Lavern and Shirley on Nick at Night. They don't have those on there anymore... if you have Cable, you might be able to get Me TV which has old shows on it... like Hawaii Five O and the ones listed above... TV Land is also on Cable... I think Me TV is available with or without cable... but I couldn't say for certain. Watch your favorite shows... things that make you happy...
Old 04-20-2010, 11:40 AM

It's okay Gwen, whatever helps you to pass the time is good. It hasn't been very long and you're still raw and hurting. Don't expect too much of yourself too soon. ((((Hugs))))
Old 05-01-2010, 08:27 PM

Gwyn, I just found this thread. I had no idea and I'm so sorry for your loss. I'll be praying for continued healing for you and your family. I'm so glad most of them are near by for you.

Hugs and prayers,
Jen
Old 05-04-2010, 11:31 PM

Dearest Gwyn,

I just found this thread. Had no idea all this was happening to you.

I am so truly sorry for your loss.

You and the family are in my thoughts and prayers.

One moment, one hour, one day at a time is sometimes all you can handle. Go with confidence and your faith. God IS good and in His loving lap and the embrace of His love is the best place to be.

((((hugs))))
Old 05-05-2010, 05:52 AM

Gwyn, you're right. Each state is different. And each doctor or facility is different. I was fortunate. I had a power-of-attorney, and when the doctor found out my wishes were granted. When we knew surgery would probably kill him (he had peritonitis) and that he only had maybe 3 weeks at the most to live (because of fungus ball in the lung), I told the doctors to NOT do surgery, to let him go. My wishes were granted. Had there been 1 centimeter of a chance........I would have voted differently. Point is -- you have to go by your gut and the advice you get. Do not second guess yourself.

Others have said to watch movies --YES!!! Watch funny ones, not sad. Watch comedy shows....Try to think to the future. Is there something you've always wanted to do and never had the chance?????? THINK on it -- you may not do it yet....but THINK on it. {{{hugs}}}

Originally Posted by Gwyn
I don't want to argue. The RN taking care of Randy told us that if we didn't all agree, they had to provide heroic measures until the matter could be settled in court or that person changed their mind. We live in Utah. I am sorry I spoke like a know-it-all, but that is what we were told. I do apologize. Be sure to check with your state's rules and do what you can. Gwyn
Old 05-05-2010, 08:30 AM

Gwen.....my prayers are with you and your DH. It is very sad to watch a loved one this way. I spent last summer caring for my oldest daughter as she slipped away with pancreatic cancer. I am just now getting back to normal. This board and quilting has helped so much. Hopefully it will be some comfort to you as well. Learn to drive as soon as you can..... :-(

Ditter
Old 05-05-2010, 10:30 AM

I wouldn't make it without everyone here. Even on my best days I value my friends here. I know how to drive but I am legally blind so I don't get behind the wheel anymore. It is too dangerous for everyone involved.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:43 PM
Power Poster

Sending Hugs and Prayers to you, Gwyn. Wish you were closer so I could help ya out!
Old 05-05-2010, 11:28 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

It is good to hear from you again, dear Gwyn. I'm still praying for you and holding you in my heart.