I'll get it done...soon

Old 05-06-2010, 02:25 AM

Thank you so much. This is the most important thing a person can do for another.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:39 AM

Oh Gwyn, So good seeing you on the board again. I am still lifting you us in prayer daily. Have you been able to get out at all? I hope so, I think when going through something like this it does help to get out into the sunshine and among the ones who love you.
{{{Hugs}}}
Old 05-06-2010, 08:22 AM

I don't get out much. I can't drive so I have to wait for someone to take me. I didn't think this would be a problem, but I have had to cancel 2 doctor appointments and have been waiting nearly 2 weeks for a ride to my son's school and the post office. My drivers are all busy with work, friends or sleeping. I don't mind being home, but they forgot me last Sunday.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Gwyn
I don't get out much. I can't drive so I have to wait for someone to take me. I didn't think this would be a problem, but I have had to cancel 2 doctor appointments and have been waiting nearly 2 weeks for a ride to my son's school and the post office. My drivers are all busy with work, friends or sleeping. I don't mind being home, but they forgot me last Sunday.
Oh Gwyn, I am so sorry. Wish I was closer and could help out.
In out area we have a van to help transport folks to doctors appointments, etc. Does your area have one. I know you are probably not old enough, but you might be able to get an idea of what is out there for transportation by calling the Office of the Aging in your area. It's worth a try.

If all else fails, I guess you will have to get out "virtually" through surfing the internet. But that doesn't always provide you with human contact, so you just hop on the board here. There is always someone on.

Also, I know you probably hate to do it, but ASK for help. Sometimes even family doesn't think to ask you if you need anything, and if they are busy and forget, I can't see anything wrong in jogging their memory!

I will keep you in my prayers.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:29 AM
Power Poster

I'm so glad you are getting back on this board and I do hope you are doing okay.
Cookie the dog is acting better this time, in a crate most of the time, I do let her run outside, when older dogs are inside. She has to break bad habits from MIL's house and learn good habits, when I retire next month we will work on getting her to adjust more, one cat likes to wrestle with her, the other 3 don't, she wants to jump on them and they don't like it. Don't know if I will be able to do anything about that.
Have a great day and rest of the week and weekend. Hugs to you.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:29 AM
Power Poster

I'm so glad you are getting back on this board and I do hope you are doing okay.
Cookie the dog is acting better this time, in a crate most of the time, I do let her run outside, when older dogs are inside. She has to break bad habits from MIL's house and learn good habits, when I retire next month we will work on getting her to adjust more, one cat likes to wrestle with her, the other 3 don't, she wants to jump on them and they don't like it. Don't know if I will be able to do anything about that.
Have a great day and rest of the week and weekend. Hugs to you.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:33 AM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Gwyn, I know it can be hard when you have to depend on others for your needs. Is there anything you need that I can mail to you? If so, please PM me and I will be happy to help you. This will continue to be a problem when you go back to school too, right? Please let me know any way I can help. :-)
Old 05-25-2010, 06:44 AM

Gwyn, I too just saw this as I haven't been reading a lot of posts. I am SO sorry for your loss. I am glad that you have your children with you for help and comfort. There is a lot of paperword and decisions and you don't need to shoulder it alone.

Take care and wishing you peace.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
Gwyn, I too just saw this as I haven't been reading a lot of posts. I am SO sorry for your loss. I am glad that you have your children with you for help and comfort. There is a lot of paperword and decisions and you don't need to shoulder it alone.

Take care and wishing you peace.
Actually, the decisions to make weren't too hard. The funeral home notified social security, Thiokol and the VA. I still need to do our income tax, but I think my trust attorney is going to do it for me. The rest of the decisions will be made as the year goes on. I want to keep the house, but decided to trade our big van in for 2 smaller and more efficient cars because we needed them.

I think it is the daily decisions that wear on me. Things like what to eat for dinner, which car to put tires on first, keeping u p on oil changes and taking kids to school. It is the daily grind that really buries my.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:41 PM

You have a good point, the big decisions sometimes are more cut and dried and there are experts to help. The small ones are ones only you can make and your soul is so bruised and weary right now that those are the decisions that seem to take the most energy.
I would like to say, take your time not all the decisions have to be made right now, but what to eat and the upkeep on the vehicles do have to be made in a timely manner. If you are just cooking for you, then perhaps you could invest in some of the healthier type frozen dinners. Number them 1, 2, 3, etc and just grab one and nuke it. Your appetite is probably not the best, and this would take the pressure off you as the decision is already made. If you have to cook for the family, then maybe if your family would just take a few minutes to sit down and help you make a weeks menu and matching shopping list, then too, some to the pressure would be taken away.

I don't have any fast or wise answers dear Gwyn, but I do want you to know that you have been in my prayers daily. God Bless.