I'll get it done...soon

Old 05-25-2010, 04:11 PM

My thoughts and prayer are with u both.
Old 05-25-2010, 04:36 PM

I join the rest with prayers and wishes that a mircle will happen for you. You have to believe god is doing what he feels is best and he has a reason so trust in him and everything will be alright.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:01 PM
Banned

Gwyn,
You are in my thoughts and prayers each day.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:19 AM
Power Poster

Echoing all the prayers and well wishes. I know how i felt when I lost my little dog, and that's on a different scale in life, but it invaded my every decision. I just didn't feel connected or cared as much.
Yes, I would get the family to help decide some things. I find writing down a to do list, helps keep me on track.
Don't even try to do as much as before though. You will eventually. Take two hugs and I'll check on you again ;) luv u.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:44 AM

Gwyn, I have only just come across this thread and want to express my sincere condolences for your loss.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:33 AM
Google Goddess

I hope you are doing better these days, take care of yourself and have fun quilting (you have been thru alot)
Old 05-27-2010, 07:19 AM

How have you been lately Gwyn? We love and miss you dearly... *hugs*
Old 05-27-2010, 08:13 AM

Gwen and everyone,Most hospitals and doctors have papers called "Advance Directives". You need to fill these papers out and make sure that all interested parties have copies and keep one in your purse. I know death is not an easy subject to discuss with your loved ones but so important.
My mother is 90 and in a nursing home with everything in place. She has made sure that the staff and doctors understand that she wants only to be kept comfortable and without pain. She does not want any heroic measures.
DNR---Do not resusitate
DNI---Do not incubate.
DNT---Do not transport.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:28 AM

I agree and have spoken about this earlier. Some states call this document a "living will". These documents are helpful, and they are usually followed. However, things can be slowed down if one family member insists. I've seen it happen in the NICU, and the nursing home. When emotions run high, and people haven't become comfortable with death, it can be very hard to keep the directive in place. This is why it is important to discuss this with your adult children. In Utah, you can write you wishes out and keep the envelope in your jewelry box. We didn't need a directive to follow because we just wanted to do what Randy wanted. Randy said some things during his last days that indicated to us that he didn't want to go home if he couldn't take care of his physical needs. He didn't want to come home if he had to have round the clock nursing care. He said he wanted the family to remember him when he was alive. Randy had often come home from working in nursing home so angry with families who wouldn't let go. Even the morning we had to meet with the doctor, I asked Randy what he would want done. After all the kids left the room, he kissed me and said "I just don't want to hurt anymore." I said okay and that is what we did.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:44 AM

Gwyn -- I'm so sorry for your loss and I just wanted you to know that I think you're very brave!! I also had to watch my first husband's life end and it's not an easy thing to do. It's so hard to let them go.... Mine -- like yours, had a "living will" and he died at home. I had to show it to everyone who came to tend to him that evening from the Sherriff to the Paramedics. I was told later that if we hadn't had this living will, they would have had to take him to the hospital even though he was doa -- such strange rules....