Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • I'm Going to Wash that Gray right Out of My Hair! -Maybe... >
  • I'm Going to Wash that Gray right Out of My Hair! -Maybe...

• I'm Going to Wash that Gray right Out of My Hair! -Maybe...

Old 09-09-2011, 08:19 AM

I wanna see the new color!! :-) Two years ago I decided to go au naturale....I had been coloring my hair reddish brown since age 35, when I saw the first gray hairs. I had gone to light brown and dark blonde as I got grayer and grayer, because the gray hairs do NOT want to hold the nice auburn color. Finally I went to a hairdresser and got my hair cut very short and heavily weaved very light and let it grow out natural. I do not regret it for one minute....I have lovely (yes, LOVELY) salt & pepper hair I inherited from my mother, who at 87 still has LOVELY salt & pepper hair. No muss, no fuss, no hair dyeing every 4 weeks. I LOVE this freedom!! :-)
    Old 09-09-2011, 08:31 AM

OMG! You saw me last month right?? I always use L'oreal and decided for a change to use Gardiner - big mistake! BF was at Walgreens at 9pm buying a very dark brown - OH! on second thought I could have sent you the color info - I was bright red! and I am "naturally" meduim brown (aka formerly gray)
    Old 09-09-2011, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by butterflies5518
    OMG! You saw me last month right?? I always use L'oreal and decided for a change to use Gardiner - big mistake! BF was at Walgreens at 9pm buying a very dark brown - OH! on second thought I could have sent you the color info - I was bright red! and I am "naturally" meduim brown (aka formerly gray)

So is Sarah Jessica Parker lying to us all about Garnier??:)
    Old 09-09-2011, 08:58 AM

I've gone from the grey highlighted mousey blonde to the way too much grey.

Dh thougth he'd be helpful. He found a coupon for a free bottle of just for men hair color, oh, wait, he found not 1 but 3 coupons for it. so he so helpfully went to the store one day without telling me anything and surprised me with a gift of 3 packages of different shades of brown.

Hmmm...thanks dear, I've never died my hair before-why would I start now?

Well, I did play with it after all it's only 5 minutes to color the grey and it's only open 1 vial and pour it into the other. I had brown stains all over the bathroom, called dh in to help since it was his idea.

Let's just say I haven't used the other 2 packages and I've gone back to my mousey grey/blonde/brown look.
    Old 09-09-2011, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by jljack
    I wanna see the new color!! :-) Two years ago I decided to go au naturale....I had been coloring my hair reddish brown since age 35, when I saw the first gray hairs. I had gone to light brown and dark blonde as I got grayer and grayer, because the gray hairs do NOT want to hold the nice auburn color. Finally I went to a hairdresser and got my hair cut very short and heavily weaved very light and let it grow out natural. I do not regret it for one minute....I have lovely (yes, LOVELY) salt & pepper hair I inherited from my mother, who at 87 still has LOVELY salt & pepper hair. No muss, no fuss, no hair dyeing every 4 weeks. I LOVE this freedom!! :-)
    Janice:
    I am still a work under progress hahahahah
    Old 09-09-2011, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by charity-crafter
    I've gone from the grey highlighted mousey blonde to the way too much grey.

Dh thougth he'd be helpful. He found a coupon for a free bottle of just for men hair color, oh, wait, he found not 1 but 3 coupons for it. so he so helpfully went to the store one day without telling me anything and surprised me with a gift of 3 packages of different shades of brown.

Hmmm...thanks dear, I've never died my hair before-why would I start now?

Well, I did play with it after all it's only 5 minutes to color the grey and it's only open 1 vial and pour it into the other. I had brown stains all over the bathroom, called dh in to help since it was his idea.

Let's just say I haven't used the other 2 packages and I've gone back to my mousey grey/blonde/brown look.

Charity crafter.. I think we are in the same leaky boat hahah
    Old 09-09-2011, 09:05 AM

Been there... done that soooo many times... finally at 62 I decided "no more" ... I am now half gray (the first 3 inches) and half "blonde" ... went to my hairdresser who put highlights in so that there is not such a line between colors... and am fading (now gracefully) into gray... through with the color market, finally. Good luck to you... it will fade and/or grow out.
    Old 09-09-2011, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by LindaSeccaspina

Don't know but she fails to mention all the henna in it.
    Old 09-09-2011, 09:14 AM

LOL - henna - the real kind - FIRETRUCK RED HAIR. So I put Mahogany Henna over it and had burgandy hair. And this was about 1975 LOL

I am S&P (well S & mousey brown) finally. I did hair in my 1st life after high school and my hair has been every color but black. I saw my natural color briefly in my 40's and went back to the color habit.

I'm very happy with the "natural" freedom!
    Old 09-09-2011, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by LindaSeccaspina

Don't know but she fails to mention all the henna in it.
    Well I know that cover grey but it washes out really fast... hmmm