Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • I'm Going to Wash that Gray right Out of My Hair! -Maybe... >
  • I'm Going to Wash that Gray right Out of My Hair! -Maybe...

• I'm Going to Wash that Gray right Out of My Hair! -Maybe...

Old 09-11-2011, 07:15 PM

i have one for you I always used herbal essence for many years and after using it about 50 y
    times I colored my hairs in the night and went to bed with a lil wet hair.In the morning I try to open my eyes and that did not work so I wake my husband and he turns to me said holy hell where is your face, well my face was so swollen not even my ears where spared, so he took me to the ER and tell them my wife always has some weird shit going on all docs and nurses came to see quasimodo. I was embarresd Ulla
    Old 09-11-2011, 07:41 PM
    Power Poster

When I lived in Huntington Beach Ca some years ago a great hair stylist who worked for a movie studio told me to always use the lightest ash color of the color of my natural hair. Always put the dye on clean dry hair and apply at the roots and brush through with a plastic brush. Never saturate the hair with the dye, just streak it though until the all the hair is damp with dye. The color will be more unevenly saturated and that's the result you want. Not the all over dyed look but the natural hundreds of different lights and darks of the hair strands so it looks natural. You won't use all the dye unless you have very long and thick hair. I used the foam and it works great. I didn't use but maybe 1/8 of it for shoulder length hair and brushed it through.
    Old 09-11-2011, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by sammy89
    i have one for you I always used herbal essence for many years and after using it about 50 y
    times I colored my hairs in the night and went to bed with a lil wet hair.In the morning I try to open my eyes and that did not work so I wake my husband and he turns to me said holy hell where is your face, well my face was so swollen not even my ears where spared, so he took me to the ER and tell them my wife always has some weird shit going on all docs and nurses came to see quasimodo. I was embarresd Ulla
    Did you now a llot of us had Herbal Essence problems? It would create large sores on our heads.
    Old 09-11-2011, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    When I lived in Huntington Beach Ca some years ago a great hair stylist who worked for a movie studio told me to always use the lightest ash color of the color of my natural hair. Always put the dye on clean dry hair and apply at the roots and brush through with a plastic brush. Never saturate the hair with the dye, just streak it though until the all the hair is damp with dye. The color will be more unevenly saturated and that's the result you want. Not the all over dyed look but the natural hundreds of different lights and darks of the hair strands so it looks natural. You won't use all the dye unless you have very long and thick hair. I used the foam and it works great. I didn't use but maybe 1/8 of it for shoulder length hair and brushed it through.
    I am going to try that
    Old 09-12-2011, 04:28 PM

ROFL! I have dark hair and gray hair that is very stubborn ... it won't take color, it wouldn't change to the color of the highlights I had PROFESSIONALLY done, so I decided that my daddy was right. He always used to say be happy with what God gave you because its part of who you are!
    Old 09-12-2011, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by IBQLTN
    ROFL! I have dark hair and gray hair that is very stubborn ... it won't take color, it wouldn't change to the color of the highlights I had PROFESSIONALLY done, so I decided that my daddy was right. He always used to say be happy with what God gave you because its part of who you are!
    well said.. HUGGGGGGGGG
    Old 09-12-2011, 04:47 PM

For a twenty dollar bill, my hairdresser doesn't screw up my color and it's worth every penny of it!!
    Old 09-12-2011, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Debbie C
    For a twenty dollar bill, my hairdresser doesn't screw up my color and it's worth every penny of it!!
    Debbie if it cost 20 bucks here I would go hahaha
    Old 09-13-2011, 09:17 AM

Love your story. My hair has been gray/white since I was in my 30s. Tried to do a reverse streak with black instead of blond because the back of my hair is salt & pepper. My hair dresser tried to talk me out of it - I won - NOT. So, I will just keep it the way it is - white on front half & salt & pepper the back half.
    Old 09-13-2011, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by misseva
    Love your story. My hair has been gray/white since I was in my 30s. Tried to do a reverse streak with black instead of blond because the back of my hair is salt & pepper. My hair dresser tried to talk me out of it - I won - NOT. So, I will just keep it the way it is - white on front half & salt & pepper the back half.
    It sounds really delicious.. Please note my stories have been moved to the Prayers and Daily Diary section..:)