I'M HOME!!

Old 04-07-2010, 02:41 PM

Hello and welcome home! I am Sharon from Maryland. I was a bit confused as to if you are home or not! lol seems you are moving again? well happy packing and settling in. :)
Old 04-07-2010, 03:14 PM

What is it about Guam that gets folks saying absolutely crazy things? When we were there way back when, it was right after typhoon Pamela which supposedly left only 250 survivors...actually there were NOT ANY fatalities and only a few minor injuries. Everybody we knew that was there during the storm had a "I'm one of the 250 survivors of typhoon Pamela" t-shirt...think they sold something like 5000 of them!
Are you stopping in Hawaii for a couple of days on your way back? We did, but it was hard to do much sight-seeing with 4 kids kindergarten age and under!
Old 04-08-2010, 12:50 PM

Terri, glad you're back on the Pebble to pack up for your move. I remember those days well. Cleaning Teams were outrageous, so we decided to clean ourselves when we left Germany. My Ex decided not to worry about unplugging the stove before he reached his bare hand inside...their 220 volts knocked him across the room. Hope your husband is a high rank so you'll can hire folks to do that part & just get on the big bird & fly home. You'll feel so free to be back in the USA. Luv & prayers to you & your family.
Old 04-09-2010, 04:41 PM

Not hiring to have anyone clean. Don't need to. We always clean ourself. I used to clean gov't quarters when we lived in GA. I made good money at it too! The inspectors would drive up, see me standing there and just sign the papers for the people to leave. The inspectors KNEW I cleaned very well and all units passed. Never had to go back in and wipe anything down.
This place, being solid concrete and ceramic floors, we can mainly just flood the place and squeegie it out. Makes it much easier, but we won't do that. It's not all that dirty. Was just mainly cat fur flying around and some dust. Will take us about a day to get the entire 3 floors done. Not a big deal.

No, we won't be flying thru Hawaii. We have a 3 hour layover in Tokyo, then off to Los Angeles to pick up the van. Hopefully it will be there and we won't have to overnight waiting for it.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:36 PM

Teri - so you're saying you'll step off a L - O - N - G flight, load your bags in the van and start driving! I'm glad you're so young!
Old 04-09-2010, 05:55 PM

Glad you are back. Happy Packing! Can't wait to see where you are state-side.
IF, you land in VA, let us know. We are in mid-central NC and a meeting is in order! :thumbup:
Old 04-10-2010, 03:41 AM

Well, yes, sort of.
Once we get to LA, we have to wait for our "limo". It's actually a 15 passenger van, but they call it a limo. It will take us to get the van. Usually takes a few hours to get it, then pack it up, get the car top carrier on and off we will go. Bill usually sleeps on flights, so he will most likely do most of the driving to get us out of CA. But, before we leave, we have to stop and get cat litter and a phone card for the phone.
Old 04-10-2010, 04:46 AM

Sounds like an exhausting trip to me. Do you get to pick up your kitties when you land?
Old 04-10-2010, 05:05 AM
Power Poster

I know you will be soooo glad when this part is over and you are "home" again! I know we will be here...you are waaaayyy too busy right now!
Old 04-10-2010, 01:19 PM
Power Poster

Glad to have you back. Hope you had fun.