I'M HOME!!

Old 04-11-2010, 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by sewjoyce
Sounds like an exhausting trip to me. Do you get to pick up your kitties when you land?
Cats will be on the same flight as us.
Right now, I have to call the Japanese Embassy to make sure that I have all the appropriate paperwork for the cats. We are only on a layover, so it shouldn't be a problem. Still toddering back and forth about flying them in cabin or not. Monique is no problem in a carrier for the cabin, but it's Big Boy that will have the problem in the carrier. In cabin carriers are only 17" long, 12 inches wide and 8 inches tall. He is about 10 inches tall, so he could very well be VERY uncomfortable. I like the idea of having them IN cabin, but with them in their OWN crates, they have more room. So, I will see what the Japanese Embassy says and maybe they will say I can have a bigger carrier and the airline will approve it for in cabin.
Old 04-11-2010, 04:46 AM
Power Poster

Oh gosh...all these regulations for flying anymore....geesh! I hear last week that one of the cheapy airlines (I don't remember which one) is going to start charging $50. for a Carry-on....Thats...CARRY ON!! You can get flights now for $39.00...but the carry-on....?????? You know if they do it and people just pay it and go on, then all the airlines will start doing it. :evil:
Old 04-11-2010, 09:55 AM
Power Poster

Teri,
I know you have been wanting to come home to the states. So, this is very good news! But Los Angeles?? That isn't where you are staying is it? That would be a big difference from you island setting now. And kind of far from the babies.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222
Teri,
I know you have been wanting to come home to the states. So, this is very good news! But Los Angeles?? That isn't where you are staying is it? That would be a big difference from you island setting now. And kind of far from the babies.
Oh no, not staying in LA. That is just where the van is being shipped to so we can pick it up. We could have had it sent to Houston, but the flight into there was a bit on the brutal side for the cats, so LA again ....