Im such a klutz!!

Old 06-28-2009, 09:04 AM
Power Poster

whatever you do...don't stick your foot out the window :shock:
know you had to be kidding....right????
be careful about elevating around Gai...I heard a snap...she's on the lookout, for her next victim...um, patient! :mrgreen:
Old 06-28-2009, 09:07 AM

L2Q--I am so sorry to hear about your toe. Sounds like you did quite a number on it. I guess we should take up a collection to buy you a new fan-I am assuming the one that attacked you is now in the trash.

I think your toe is going to be even more colorful before this ordeal is over, but I do have to say that you have a lovely pillowcase to prop it up on. Did you do the embroidery yourself?

I like your toenail polish color too---good thing you took the time to touch it up :shock: Oh----I will confess that I swipe at my big toe with the razor when I am shaving my legs. :lol:
Old 06-28-2009, 09:19 AM

Sorry about the toe but I am having a hard time typing b/c I am ROTFLMAO !!!!!'I know you must be hurting but you don't have the market cornered on being a klutz! We had gone back to Raleigh in March b/c there was a field trial competition that our dog was enetered in--staying at our son's house since our house in Raleigh was empty-everything had been moved to the mtns. Anyway--going down his front steps very early Saturday morning my right ankle turns under and I fall down the last step to the concrete sidewalk. Well we finished the competition and went to my daughters house for the afternoon and kept my foot propped up all day. Its on the mend a month later and I go to a quilt guild meeting up here in the mountains. This is the last week in April. I walk out of the metting and it is misting but not exactly raining, just darker than the inside of a cows belly. I forgot that the pavement ends where the parking lot starts and there is a drop off. Blast it I twist the other ankle and am laid up for a while b/c of the 2nd ankle. Thankfully the swelling went down and I didn't ave to go to the ER. But I am the queen of klutzses in the mountains of North Carolina. Never do the same thing twice but there is no limit to the things I manage to do to hurt myself! LOL
Pamper yourself, surround yourself with hand sewing, good books and the TV remote.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:32 AM

Ouch! That looks not fun. I have broken my toe and bones up in my foot and now have recurring bouts with Morton's Neuroma, which makes it difficult to walk long distances. Can only do so much shopping and MUST stop and go directly home to rest. I also wear shoes or full slippers at all times. I don't like hurting like that. No Barefoot Contessa here! :?
Old 06-28-2009, 09:36 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by loves2quilt
LMAO!! Ill bet youre not the only one.!!! Lets see who else fesses up...ha ha I promised a friend I would drive her the airport in St Louis Monday, her mom is eldery and she wants to see her before its too late, its ONLY a 3 hr drive one way at that! Now how I can I prop my leg up..hmmm, wonder if itll fit out the window?
Okay...a couple of hairs on each big toe.....and yep they get shaved!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

My step son decided to stick his foot out the window while driving my kids down the freeway to his mom's.....the state patrolman :shock: who pulled him over was not as amused as my kids were when they tattled that night on their brother :wink: :lol: :wink:

Love the pink polish... 8) you may need to change it soon though...it seems to be clashing a little with those not so subtle toesy hues :shock:
Old 06-28-2009, 09:51 AM

Oh, l2q, that is so awful. I'm sorry I joked about it -- (well, not sorry I joked about my DH's toes) but I was serious about taking it easy and keeping that little foot way up. Surgery???? Yikes. But, darn girl, you did a "bang up" job (excuse the pun), and those toenails look maaaahhhhvelous, Darling.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:52 AM

loves2quilt YES do listen to Gai cause TRUST ME she will hunt your a$$ down to take care of you whether you want her to or not. Oh and as for the picture. BBBRRRAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCKKKKKKKKK!
Old 06-28-2009, 09:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by kwhite
loves2quilt YES do listen to Gai cause TRUST ME she will hunt your a$$ down to take care of you whether you want her to or not.

Hey, I resemble that remark! Should my feelings be hurt? Booo hoooo hoooo. Nobody loves me, everybody hates me, I'm gonna go out and eat worms! :shock:
Old 06-28-2009, 10:02 AM

Nope I feel very blessed to have friends like you.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:04 PM

OW!!! It looks painfull!! Take good care of it and do like the dr and Gai says!!!