IRS - How Funny Is This?

Old 10-11-2011, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by sewingsuz
The IRS won't ever tell you what happened. They just want it back.
ding ding ding WINNER!!!
Old 10-11-2011, 09:10 PM

This is why I will vote for someone like herman Cain for president. He likes the "fairtax plan". How can you not love a man who wants to abolish the IRS!!!
Look it up everyone: www.fairtax.org
Old 10-12-2011, 07:41 AM

Most businesses if they make a mistake they eat it but the govt. isn't like that. I wouldn't be surprised if you have to pay it back but I would fight the interest since you had paid it on time. Even the govt. shouldn't be allowed to collect more from you due to their error. Keep us updated, it will be interesting.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:53 AM

I also received a check from the government stating that we had paid too much on our return (2010). Check was for $300+ and you bet I cashed it. Now I suppose I have to be on the lookout for a letter from them wanting their money back??? No-no-no-no-no-no ...... things don't work that way. They gave it to me and I accepted it - end of story. Thanks for the advocate link though ....... nice to know there might be someone around who will stick up for me --- maybe!
Old 10-12-2011, 08:00 AM

FAIR TAX !!! Get rid of the IRS !!!!! I am sooo tired of their "love letters" ! I had a business and closed it 4 years ago. I still get letters (usually every month or 2) about my not paying my business taxes for the last 4 years and how much interest I owe on top of it !!!! Every time they have been wrong and eventually it goes away. I however still have to pay my accountant to keep sending them copies of forms they have had for years. FAIR TAX !!!!!
Old 10-12-2011, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Suzi
I also received a check from the government stating that we had paid too much on our return (2010). Check was for $300+ and you bet I cashed it. Now I suppose I have to be on the lookout for a letter from them wanting their money back??? No-no-no-no-no-no ...... things don't work that way. They gave it to me and I accepted it - end of story. Thanks for the advocate link though ....... nice to know there might be someone around who will stick up for me --- maybe!
I am beginning to think there is SOMETHING FISHY going on at the IRS. Several people in this area got checks and a letter saying they had made a mistake. All these folks said they double-checked and couldn't find any errors. One even had an accountant go over it. I sure would like to know how many of these "additional refunds" are being handed out across the USA. No wonder we have a budget crisis.