Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • It's the Brand! not the Store! >
  • It's the Brand! not the Store!

• It's the Brand! not the Store!

Old 08-22-2019, 11:09 AM
    Power Poster

I figure that a distributor may not be aware of defects in a product - but the manufacturer should be!

If we do not tell "them" - for sure, nothing will be done.
    Old 08-24-2019, 01:44 PM
    Power Poster

well Hershey's is sending me a coupon for their chocolate syrup. it was very thin this time,not like syrup at all.
    Old 08-24-2019, 03:00 PM

I prefer a phone call to discuss a low quality or defective item. Nearly all manufacturers respond in a positive manner if you stay business like and not nasty or condescending. But I also call and complement manufacturers on superior products. I consider it my opportunity to make someone smile. Any store where I encounter superior customer 3also receives a call and I try to mention the clerks name.
    Old 08-27-2019, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone
    Don't get me started on clueless glad it's closed quilt shops. I went to one that was popular and suppose to be one of the better ones in the area. I asked for pre cut hexi papers. The employee had no idea what I was talking about. I tried to explain about EPP. The owner/manager was there and she looked at me like I was stupid. She said she had never heard of such a thing. I left but went back in and showed her dozens of quilt shops online that sold pre cut hexi papers. Even Joann has them. I was almost speechless I had to explain about hexies. She said well my distributor doesn't sell those so they must not be that popular with quilters. That popular shop was closed down for non payment of state taxes, not for being ignorant which would have made more sense to me.
    I think the underlying question should be, "Why was this shop in business in the first place?" It smells of something rather illegal-or at least creepy, don't you think? There was a similar shop in my area. This shop was supposed to be in business for bike sales and repairs (lmirroring sewing centers and quilt shops). This shop went out of business because it was a front. It was really a very vicious hidden gentrification attempt at driving wedges in our community. Plus the owner did not pay taxes too. I'm sorry I set foot in that shop!

Last edited by Iona D.; 08-27-2019 at 12:26 PM.