It's cold outside

Old 12-05-2013, 07:21 PM

4" of snow so far here--we'll probably double that by morning. Cold through the extended forecast. If I can just get finals completed next week, I think I'll stay home for a month!
Old 12-05-2013, 10:12 PM

brr, I live in Strasburg, and it is below zero now, and heading to 15 below zero.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:25 PM

After extremely high tides and storm surges north east and west coasts are devastated. No trains and bridges closed. Many roads blocked by fallen trees.
Was expecting to see a scattering of snow this morning but it has been and gone over night.
Work is going on to clear block roads, trains and bridges will wait until the wind subsides.

Oh well tomorrow let it snow let it rain let it do anything, I'm celebrating 65 years of wonderful life.
Old 12-06-2013, 05:54 AM

Well, ladies: I live in NE Texas & we are all at a stand still! Ice everywhere! Everything closed! Right now its 29, hi for today 30 & tomorrow hi is 29. I know this is hi for you guys up north but… just sayin'. Very cold for us this early. Good day for sewing.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:24 AM
amh

The cold has come in with a vengence. The North Pole is warmer than us right now. This morning is was -28 C, and with the wind chill -41C, and we are not the cold spot in Saskatchewan. It is days like this that make me really look forward to retirement in a few years.

I had planned a road trip with a friend tomorrow to a quilt store about 45 minutes away, but I have a feeling that we will postpone it to another time as it is supposed to be even colder tomorrow.

I have to admit that I love where I live because I love the changing seasons, but there are just a few days or weeks every year that I think I must be crazy. This is one of those days I'm afraid.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:12 AM
Banned

Right now at 10:11am it is -1, with a high maybe 14.
So glad I don't have to work today.

Now if I can just get off my lazy tush and get my sewing room
cleaned so I can sew.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:01 AM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

here in NE OH there is a snowstorm supposed to start flying thru and dumping 5-7 inches. then rain, then snow. yuck
Old 12-06-2013, 10:22 AM
Power Poster

I love and miss the DRY cold from my home in PA. I don't like the WET / DAMP cold of Florida
Old 12-06-2013, 03:47 PM

It's cold here too... I not generally cold.. but even I'm cold. and the poor little birds outside are sitting on the ground in little balls.. poor things. I set up a tent to help them keep warm but all I'd manage to do is scare them in to the air... No trees and no bushes around this part of the town.. They need to leave and fly to someplace that can give them more protection. Our high today was 18.. wind was strong so I know there had to be a wind chill too... Didn't go out to find out!
Old 12-06-2013, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by amh
The cold has come in with a vengence. The North Pole is warmer than us right now. This morning is was -28 C, and with the wind chill -41C, and we are not the cold spot in Saskatchewan. It is days like this that make me really look forward to retirement in a few years.

I had planned a road trip with a friend tomorrow to a quilt store about 45 minutes away, but I have a feeling that we will postpone it to another time as it is supposed to be even colder tomorrow.

I have to admit that I love where I live because I love the changing seasons, but there are just a few days or weeks every year that I think I must be crazy. This is one of those days I'm afraid.
Not to perpetuate the "Canada is cold and snowy all the time", but like you Aileen, I think perhaps we've got the US folks beat in this one.

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/wea...rta/morinville
-22F feels like -38F and a warning of "Dangerously cold in the Prairies with wind chills in the -40s. "

Of course yesterday and today were my 2 days out of the warm house too.